Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
tis a gift to be simple.

lol, okay, heres the specs on the car. i did a straight trade with my basically stock '73 240z.

to make it easy ill just copy and paste the list of stuff it has-

93 3SGTE engine with ARP head studs, rod bolts, flywheel bolts, bored .202 over, new pistons/rings, rebuilt head with engle valve springs and new seals, ct20B turbo, new o-rings in fuel rail, Greddy SMIC w/spal puller fan, EMS powered cold pipe, HKS Hi Power exhaust, partial wire tuck into the trunk, Greddy profec B spec 2 at 14lbs, Cusco front strut bar, Lsd trans with 60k on it, Exeddy stage 1 clutch, 93T front brakes new from toyota, earls brake lines, stainless steel clutch line, mushimoto radiator, full poly bushings and motor mounts, bilstein shocks and Eibach sportline springs, new ball joints, rebuilt steering rack (manual), 93+Crossmember, Volk TE37 wheels with new tires, 94+ tails.

with a melted oem primary catted downpipe it dynoed at 193rwhp at 17psi. pretty low, but with that clogged cat and worn ignition components i guess thats about right.

i actually was thinkin about getting back into the MK3 supra world, but came across this car and wanted to try a platform ive never had before.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Get that running right for sure. There are plenty of unopened Gen3 Turbo Guys(soon to be me included) with simple bolt ons in the high 200/low 300hp range. With proper flow and maybe a slight bump up in fuel delivery I bet you could squeeze out a solid 260hp even with the ct20b. Your injectors being smaller, they changed to 540cc for the later revisions, would allow safer power too. Don't wan't to lean out as that has been the quick death of many MR2's, even when built.

You won't regret going with the SW20 over the MK3 though. It's a more nimble and reliable while being powerful car and doesn't have nearly the issues the 7M is known for. Just make sure your cooling is up to snuff and you'll be fine.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
apexi air filter was changed (it was dirty and nearly black) to new HKS SMF.

oem downpipe was already gutted (surprisingly?) and changed to a KO racing 2.5in downpipe.

HKS hiper exhaust (that had a cat welded on it) was changed to greddy power evo (95mm piping, no cats)

new oem cap, rotor, and wires.

redynoed a couple days ago:

same 17psi boost, but now 221whp, 210tq.

that was the 30 or so odd horsepower i was looking for. now i can worry about actually tuning the AFR's. its still pig rich, so theres still a little power to be had.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That sounds much better! Glad that you're starting to get the issues worked out. If you haven't already you should join up with MR2OC.com and MR2.com/Forums

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this one?

it does look very similar. but i don't have double staggered wheels, different mods, built motor, you had leather seats, etc. sure looks alike though :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.