Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 89 turbo supra with a blown engine and putting the engine of my 87 turbo supra in it? I was wondering do i need to change the 89 ecu to the 87 ecu or it doesnt matter?
thanks
chia chang

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
The 87 ECU should be fine, but you may have issues with pluging it in (the plugs changed mid way through 89).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Just clarifing that an 87 ECU will run the car. Keeping the harness and ECU that are in the 89 would be the easiset though.

·
Missing my supra
629 Posts
The 87 ecu will NOT plug in to the car. I went through this a few months ago when I put an engine from an 87 in my 89. your going to have to use the ecu and wire harness from your 89. It's easy enough.

Joey

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Damn, another thread full of half assed advise.

Use your 89 ECU, use your 89 wiring harness, and use ALL of the sensors from your 89 engine and swap them over to the 87 engine. If the motor mounts are different, use the 89's. Basically if anything is different, use the one from the 89 that way it will all go back in just like you removed it. Save yourself some headaches.

·
Fossilized Member
695 Posts
Rajunz said:
Damn, another thread full of half assed advise.

LOL......steer Chia in the right direction Rajunz. He bought my 88 in my sig pic. If fact, thats his car leaving my house for the last time on its way to Minn. from Calif. :( Looks like he's hooked and bought another one. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts