Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an Aristo a340e mounted into my oringally NA non-vvti 94 JDM Supra

Obviously the a340e has the 3 bolt flange and the NA a340e has the "female splined yoke" ?

According to : Performance modifications for the Supra and Toyota A340E Automatic Transmission ;

"The output spline has 23 spline, 1.020” OD, different from the NA transmission with 21 spline, 1.100”. "

Is it possible to swap out the outputs? Or will I need to make a custom driveshaft to suit the 3 bolt flange?

Thanks for any info!

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
If you have the driveshaft stub that bolts to the other side of the rubber 'donut' that connects to the back of the Aristo trans, just making a custom driveshaft using your NA front section is the easiest path forward.
Otherwise, you will need the TT auto Supra flange and the TT auto Supra front driveshaft section to make it a bolt-in install.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Going through a similar scenario with my GTE swapped GS.
there are two different 3 bolt flanges. the TT supra has a larger 3 bolt flange than the NA.
the GS300, SC300, etc use the smaller flange.
the GS400, SC400, LS400 from 98+ with the 1UZ V8 use the larger flange.

the stock drivelines separate right before the carrier bearing. from what im reading, it seems just the front half from the trans to the carrier bearings can be interchanged to fit the right size flange.

not sure about the output splines though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts