Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Spreading misinformation? Lmfao I gave him a complete build list with room to grow.

Off the top of my head, mind you.

Funny, I didn't see you offering the man any information of substance.

Nobody here is debating how many deciliters of oxygen the stock manifold can handle.

You and the other guy are just the typical facebook quarterback coming in at the tail end of a productive conversation trying to sound intelligent when all you're really doing is getting into semantics and making yourself look like a scrub.

How about you piss off and insert your own nugget of information for the OP instead of trying to piggyback off of my shit when I have forgotten more about inline 6's and how they behave than you will ever know.
Still waiting to hear how non VVT-i is the way to go in 2019.

·
supra7
501 Posts
No don't blow it up 1st. Sell the stock driveline as im sure it will bring some nice money in to fund the conversion. There will be mkv soon looking for replacement parts

·
supra7
501 Posts

The ones that love this car really should come buy it already. They did move it inside

·
Registered
454 Posts
It would probably be more cost effective to build the motor the MKV comes with. I think their are some people already pushing 700 hp with it and they don't have internals upgraded. I have to believe that upgraded internals and a few more months of these tuners striving for high horsepower that there will be a solution soon. While I love the 2JZ you'll spend a small fortune getting it to work properly in this car without any performance mods. When you add all the parts you need plus the cost of the motor and transmission you'll have dumped a retirement account into this thing. And for that amount of money you could buy a whole host of fast cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I currently bought a mk5 supra and wanted to save some money for a 2jz swap, what mods do you recomend at ~900 hp. For a future build
Save money, wrong hobby brother. My mk4 setup as we speak got 14k into making it a 900hp build. If u want check my gram at smurfin_supra for my build. To many parts to list....and whoever's doing the swap maybe pricey also

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maybe wait till some shop comes out with a "swap kit"
You'll spend an ass ton getting the 2j to work, that's before getting any real power out of it.

You could always hit up Daigo Saito and ask how his drift team did it lol

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,178 Posts
Save money, wrong hobby brother. My mk4 setup as we speak got 14k into making it a 900hp build. If u want check my gram at smurfin_supra for my build. To many parts to list....and whoever's doing the swap maybe pricey also
what’s up brother, it’s Patrick

·
Registered
166 Posts
lol... buys a near 6 figure BMW... save money for JZ swap... This is a good troll. 🚱
I was quoted MSRP, $49990. That's not far off from good condition, low mileage MKIV's. As for the swap, the MKV isn't supposed to be a straight line superstar. Throwing a 900hp 2JZ setup in will kill the car IMO. Even stock turbo MKIVs don't get boost until mid range. Nostalgia isn't worth the cost nor the performance decrease. If you don't really care about that and just want to put a Yamah... Toyota engine back in the car, then go for the 2JZ swap.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It would probably be more cost effective to build the motor the MKV comes with. I think their are some people already pushing 700 hp with it and they don't have internals upgraded. I have to believe that upgraded internals and a few more months of these tuners striving for high horsepower that there will be a solution soon. While I love the 2JZ you'll spend a small fortune getting it to work properly in this car without any performance mods. When you add all the parts you need plus the cost of the motor and transmission you'll have dumped a retirement account into this thing. And for that amount of money you could buy a whole host of fast cars.
No.

the performance decrease.

·
JetFire
5,286 Posts
Agreed with pushing or building the B58, by time all is said and done with swap he could have had a proper 900HP plus MKIV instead of a swapped MKV that may not have everything working electronically and not worth much even if it's not a hack job. It will probably be cool for the social media types as it will get likes, views, shares etc....

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's the dry weight of the engine. Wet it's around 370.

I was always curious as to why the GTR engine is so heavy. That 3800lb curb weight with all that aluminum and carbon composite in the frame is crazy. Even more ridiculous is how competitive it still is at that weight all these years later

21 - 40 of 67 Posts