Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the concerns with swapping a soarer 1j front clip to an mk3 supra? I've done the 1j supra to 7m supra, and I didn't have any major problems. Will the soarer clip come with everything I need to do the swap? what about the oil pan? I read the oil pan location can be a problem. help would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna buy the soarer clip and then get pissed off that it's not going into the mk3 correctly. Thanks guys.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
Brakets are wrong and the harness will be a little bit of an issue for a person that has never done it. The pan is the same. You will need to get a bell housing, flywheel. If you are going to use the auto you cant. the speedo is not driven by a cable so the speedo wont work on the mk3. That is just the start of it. Good luck!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
"Some mothaf*ckas always tryin to ice skate uphill"
-Blade

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
hahah yeah that blade quote is awesome.

Oil sump, mounts, ecu harness, TRAC (jza70 doesn't have it) body connector hanresses

·
Registered
427 Posts
Soarer doesn't have TRC.

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol alright, i'm avoiding it i'm avoiding it. lol i gor :urowned:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
it's not bad. i'm using a Soarer engine in my Supra right now. The only differences are the engine mount brackets, ECU connectors and the Soarer has a clutch fan. Also, the Soarer has a SMIC and the PS reservoir is different.

The Soarer doesn't have TRC and has the same oil pan setup as the Supra.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
ITR.00-1282 said:
it's not bad. i'm using a Soarer engine in my Supra right now. The only differences are the engine mount brackets, ECU connectors and the Soarer has a clutch fan. Also, the Soarer has a SMIC and the PS reservoir is different.

The Soarer doesn't have TRC and has the same oil pan setup as the Supra.

Yes it could be done, but after you source all the right parts, It's like you got a JZA70 clip. :ugh2:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
very true. in my case, i had a blown 1j already in the car, so i just dropped in a 1j from a soarer and called it a day. i didn't use the soarer clip, just the engine itself.

getting a soarer clip for a supra isn't worth it though. too many small annoying problems that you would have to deal with.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
^well thats a different story. my 2nd motor wasn't out a supra. but i already had all the supra parts needed for the engine in the car so it wasnt a big deal.

not as easy as going from a bare shell

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
I have an Auto MK3 Turbo. Will a Soarer 1jz work well with that? I take it I would need to use the auto that is in my car now (?) and swap bell housings. Is this correct?

What about the mounts and all that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts