Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NeverGiveUp
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a qustion,I'm wanting to swap my n/a auto transmission.I wanna swap it to a manuel because im turboing my car soon.I heard the stock auto will only hold 350?But 300 reliable,So since i wanna make more than 300-350,What tranny would i swap into my supra? -David

·
Registered
296 Posts
Search. Ooops nevermind.

A v160 will hold all the power you need, and be alot of $$$$

A w58 will cheap but is no stronger than the auto tranny you are talking about.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't swap to a Manuel, they're unreliable, I recommend a Javier or Sergio!

Go with a R154 tranny, I believe they're the best bang for the buck.

·
NeverGiveUp
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so what should i ask for in the wanted adds?I heard about doing a 1jz bell housing and a r154 tranny?whats cheap,reliable,handles more than 350 hp?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was considering going manual as well but I heard that with having an automatic+turbos you don't lose as much boost as you would between shifts with a manual. And, they have a good start off the line with perfect shifts. only true downside is the 1%-2%hp loss that you could have from a manual.

I don't know how much HP you plan on having but one of the customers at Titan had an 800hp manual and said it was a pain in the a** for daily/heavy traffic driving.

·
NeverGiveUp
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow never thought of the traffic part,and since i wanna keep it a daliy driver,i think ill keep it auto_Ok so now what do i get? send it out to boostlogic? buy the turbo auto tranny? hmmm what to do...

·
Registered
367 Posts
wow never thought of the traffic part,and since i wanna keep it a daliy driver,i think ill keep it auto_Ok so now what do i get? send it out to boostlogic? buy the turbo auto tranny? hmmm what to do...
hey ive got a boost logic auto and i drive it alot i really pound on it and it shifts better and harder then any manual ive ever owned so what im saying is that boost logic builds a nice auto trans and i would recomend them if you stay with an auto

·
NeverGiveUp
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey ive got a boost logic auto and i drive it alot i really pound on it and it shifts better and harder then any manual ive ever owned so what im saying is that boost logic builds a nice auto trans and i would recomend them if you stay with an auto
yes but im saying is shooul i have boost logics rebuild my N/A automatic or a TT automatic i wanna make more that 450hp and i need something thats gonna handle 450 + hp =]

·
Registered
367 Posts
boost logic claims there tranny will hold up to 9sec passes and that would probably be somewhere around 600 or so hp im at like 450 500 hp now and like i said it holds up with no probs. if that helps, all i did was have them upgrade my na auto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts