Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eli Porter deeed it
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought front and rear sway bars that were supposed to be TRD from that crook VegasSE but they are replicas. They have three adjustment settings on them and I am wondering if anyone has the same ones so they could give some guidance on what settings they used.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The inner holes will make the swaybar more stiffer.

On the front you want it usually as stiff as possible, so I would recommend to use the inner holes there.
For the rear: the stiffer the rear is the easier the car will oversteer. This can be unwanted on the streets, especially if you are not experienced/used to it.
In my view most people would be best off starting with the middle holes. If you really want to play it safe go for the outer holes even.

I have the TMS swaybars and started with the inner holes on the front and middle holes on the rear.
From day one a major improvement in handling (less roll) and the car didn't got any more nervous/tricky in corners. No regrets!

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
The right setting also depends on how your car is balanced now. Cars with different spring rates or coilovers or suspension setups will have different sway bar settings, also tailored by how you like the car to handle. You tune your sway bars based on all the other suspension parameters. This gives you a good overview of all the factors involved: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Advanced_Setup_Guide

·
Eli Porter deeed it
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. The car just feels goofy now. I have a rs hks coilovers and they have a stiff setting on the front and softer setting on the back for squatting purposes. I am trying to dial it all in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts