Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I know for a fact they are hollow.. Removed them off a friends car and as light as they are there is no way they are solid.

Though i didn't cut them open to find out for sure..

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
anyone know the diameter of the stock sway bars? And are they in fact hollow?

Thanks
I'll saw off B-rads old Sway bars Jeff to see if they are really hollow, I really doubt it though, arn't aftermarket ones hollow? aight peace

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
MKNTRAXX said:
the ST swaybars are solid.. and pretty heavy..
ops... then maybe i was mistaken...

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
Are the Whiteline bars solid as well?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Whiteline's are solid. The only aftermarket ones that are hollow are Tanabe (Chromoly) and TRD. I do not know if TRD made them for the Mk3 though. (I'm making a sway bar portion of a suspension faq). Dr. Jones has been so kind as to agree to measure the stock sway bars off one of the many parts cars he has, so I'll know the diameter later on.

I'm currently trying to calculate how much stiffer each of the bars are compared to stock (very fun stuff). Joe @ horsepowerfreaks once said the Whitelines are 50% and 30% stiffer (f/r) and I'm trying to get a best estimation for the other solid bars based on his quote.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Sway bars!

BoostAddctn said:
I'll saw off B-rads old Sway bars Jeff to see if they are really hollow, I really doubt it though, arn't aftermarket ones hollow? aight peace
Please do. And if it isn't too much trouble, could you measure the wall thickness of the front and back sway bars? ;)

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts