Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Chucky - It depends what you're doing and what springs, tires and wheels you're running. If you're going to be on the track, it's probably best to buy all the different sway bars you can. Stock, TRD at 27% and the special orders at 50+% are currently available, I believe. Dusty carries the big ones. If you're looking at street use and on street tires, go with the TRDs in my opinion. I'm currently having an adjustable rear bar made, which can be made in any stiffness. Let me know if you want an adjustable one made.

Jeff

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff a friend of mine has the standard TRD 27% sway bars. Makes a huge difference over factory ones in my opinion. I noticed that a few forum members are running custom ones. I wanted to see what the cost for custom sway bars Vs. TRD ones are. Are you just going to replace the rear bar and not the front? Suspension will be mostly used on the street. Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
Jeff a friend of mine has the standard TRD 27% sway bars. Makes a huge difference over factory ones in my opinion. I noticed that a few forum members are running custom ones. I wanted to see what the cost for custom sway bars Vs. TRD ones are. Are you just going to replace the rear bar and not the front? Suspension will be mostly used on the street. Thanks.
I've got all the bar combinations. For the street I would recommend the TRD front with an adjustable rear bar so you can have your preference on handling balance. The price on the adjustable bars will be about $200-225. I should be told the pricing today. I do autocross and some road courses. I can find out the pricing on custom front bar.

Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Barry - The adjustable rear sway bar can be any stiffness up to about 55% stiffer than stock, I think. Due to the short links to the suspension, it has to be a multi-hole adjuster versus sliding collar. I'm talking to the manufacturer today. I'll have more info soon.

Jeff

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff..

TRD doesn't sell just the fron sway bar alone; at least not the 27% stiffer one. As for the rear adjustable bar I'm interested. Let us all know the price when you get it.

J

·
0 Posts
Yes - The TRD bars come in sets only. Stillen sells the same bars for less than TRD. I'll let you know what I find out about the adjustable bars.

Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
I won't know the final pricing on the adjustable rear sway bar until tomorrow or Monday. $225 was mentioned, which includes powdercoating, bushings and spherical bearing links to the control arms. This sounds quite reasonable to me considering it comes complete.

Jeff

W

·
0 Posts
Post pics when you get them, and color me interested. This could allow the sort of chassis fine-tuning that makes for fast lap times. That is, of course, if you can drive already... :p

S

·
0 Posts
I installed my sway bars and I love them. I dont know what brand they were but they were red and alot bigger than my friends TRD ones

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
jkbrauch said:
I won't know the final pricing on the adjustable rear sway bar until tomorrow or Monday. $225 was mentioned, which includes powdercoating, bushings and spherical bearing links to the control arms. This sounds quite reasonable to me considering it comes complete.

Jeff
They have 3 possible settings correct? Any guestimates as to how much stiffer each of these settings are?

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Grant - We'll shoot for the middle setting to be what the big ass rear bar is. It's the busy season so I still haven't been told a final price. I'll post it as soon as I find out. There will be options for softer or stiffer bars, adjustable.

Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Just got the word on final pricing - it will be $225 for adjustable rear bar - complete with powdercoating, bushing, and rod links. I should have the prototype within a week and will be able to test it right after I get it. I'll post with timing on availability.

Jeff

C

·
0 Posts
Is there any chance that there will be an adjustable front sway bar made? or perhaps another group buy on the Big Ass Front Sway Bar? :)

I am very interested in an adjustable rear sway bar.

J

·
0 Posts
Jon - The adjustable rear bars will be available soon - in different diameters depending on what one wants. I'll be testing the prototype soon in a 15/16" diameter. The manufacturer I've talked with regarding the front big ass bar says it is difficult to make because it's so large. I think a non-adjustable front with an adjustable rear of a compatible diameter (relative to the front) will do well. I'll let everyone know how the prototype works. I should be getting it this week.

Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
Whiteline makes a set of solid bars in the stock 30/22mm diameters that they say are 50%/30% stiffer, respectively. The front bar is a redesigned shape that allows for 2 adjustments. The rear bar has 3 adjustments. I just finished up the installation of a set on my car, with the adj. set at #2fr and #1rr (least stiff), and the balance is very good IMO. If you get them as part of the "Works" kit they are almost free if you factor the cost of the shocks and springs in (and you get lucky on the exchange rate)

No nice spherical attachments though...the rear use the OE link, the front has a new link with poly bushings.

Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts