Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car it came with front and rear Tanabe swaybars... thats fine with me for the time being at least. However the bushings are in bad shape and I'd like to replace them. Are there aftermarket options for this or should I just order stock replacements? I'm honestly not sure what size the Tanabe swaybars are, so I'm not sure what would fit properly.
Haven't been able to find any aftermarket bushing options so I figured I'd ask here before just ordering stock and trying them out.
Thanks,
Bryan

· Supra owner
395 Posts
havent found any aftermarket options at all... does anyone know if any of the swaybars include new bushings? maybe i can get replacements that way.
What diameter are the swaybars? we need this to help you

· Old School
4,441 Posts
havent found any aftermarket options at all... does anyone know if any of the swaybars include new bushings? maybe i can get replacements that way.
TRD +27% bars come with new urethane bushings & new brackets.

· Supra owner
395 Posts
Have a look at the Superpro range here, they have a wide selection sway bushings and other replacements for the MK4

http://203.31.191.243/fulcrumCat/

I have had the front lower arm bushes for years and more recently the steering rack and all seems well.

Bullseye

5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never seen their stuff before right now... very interesting. They offer a pretty wide variety of bushings, if its good stuff I'm surprised that I havent heard them discussed at all here!
Thanks for the link, should be very helpful...

· Supra owner
395 Posts
I've never seen their stuff before right now... very interesting. They offer a pretty wide variety of bushings, if its good stuff I'm surprised that I havent heard them discussed at all here!
Thanks for the link, should be very helpful...
I mentioned these a few times a few years back (including Dusty) but no one seemed very interested.

Over the last few years they have expanded the range so hopefully someone may pick them up as a dealer in the US.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
I had bought my TRD sway bars off the forums, and for whatever reason the rear bushings were not the correct size.

So all I did was measure the OD, and got some swaybar bushings from Energy Suspension. No problems, no noises, nothing abnormal. That was about 5yrs ago.

EDIT: Looks like the Tanabe Swaybars are the same diameter as stockers. Energy Suspension has bushings in 30mm and 22mm sizes: http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/toy.html

They also sell universal bushings by whatever size you need: http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys... I contacted www.extremepsi.com who is local to me and is a dealer for Energy Suspension, and I'm waiting to hear back. Based on what the stock replacement bushings cost for other cars looks like this should only cost about $20 or so which is great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.