Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a repost. I like this guy, but he's always brutal on American Cars. But he's still pretty entertaining. Man I want one soooo bad!

ZO6 Vid

·
Registered
134 Posts
Could he be MORE anti-american, gosh. Funny how the Brits can criticize everything and they don't make a world class sports car.

The C6 Z06 is a car to be taken seriously. Nice post! I enjoyed seeing the car tested and in action.

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
WOW! I had no idea the car was that fast and handled that well. It beat the Zonda! Insane.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
SupVader said:
Could he be MORE anti-american, gosh. Funny how the Brits can criticize everything and they don't make a world class sports car.

The C6 Z06 is a car to be taken seriously. Nice post! I enjoyed seeing the car tested and in action.
They make plenty of good sports cars.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Having owned a 2003 Z06 and worked on 3 new C6 Z06's, I have to say that the Z is an awesome car. I feel it was more refined then my 2003 and I drove that daily for 40k mile's before I sold it. The peformance for the dollar is unreal compared to any car out there right now, new. Yeah the interior and the fit and finish aren't up to par with the more expensive exotic's but they are definately getting better compared to past generation GM car's. And to be honest if you get the chance to get behind the wheel of one, you'll forget about all those "little" thing's. In 2-3 year's I will be buying a used low mile black C6 Z06 for about 40k and I cannot wait. Just powdercoat the wheel's black, lower the car, cook's header's with stock rear exhaust, lg switch, and 100 shot for 585 wrhp and 20+ mpg.That being said, the supra will still be in the garage. ;)

·
Banned
497 Posts
kaneda said:
yeah, there's the DB9, and the Vantage and the...

...um...

...the uh...

...well...

...:dunno:
Lotus Esprit, Lotus Extige, Jaguar XJ220, TVR's

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
SupVader said:
Could he be MORE anti-american, gosh.
I don't know if it is anti-american or just spitting the truth like Simon Cowl. We don't make anything amazing... I believe the viper, z06 and saleen s7 are the only cars we can boast about and IMO, they've been more strait line performers historically. Furthermore, when those guys sit in 500hp supercars all day it will be obvious when they are sitting in a 500hp 60k car... I think their assesment of everything was right on... especially the fast food bit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Problem is that in the past, a lot of american cars were not balanced. They were good at something and sucked at another. The new Z06 and the Ford GT I think are getting it right.

When I had my '86 5.0 with some mods making about 340HP at the crank even with brakes and suspension work, it was still not a balanced car. Over all, my Contour SVT is a more balanced car and believe it or not, I think its more enjoyable to drive. Sure I miss the straight line speed but not much else. I'd rather have better handling and brakes than more HP.

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
ContourSVT said:
Problem is that in the past, a lot of american cars were not balanced. They were good at something and sucked at another. The new Z06 and the Ford GT I think are getting it right.

When I had my '86 5.0 with some mods making about 340HP at the crank even with brakes and suspension work, it was still not a balanced car. Over all, my Contour SVT is a more balanced car and believe it or not, I think its more enjoyable to drive. Sure I miss the straight line speed but not much else. I'd rather have better handling and brakes than more HP.
The C5 Vette is pretty balanced too, and C5Z06. But they are among the first.

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
Supra SONIC said:
I don't know if it is anti-american or just spitting the truth like Simon Cowl. We don't make anything amazing... I believe the viper, z06 and saleen s7 are the only cars we can boast about and IMO, they've been more strait line performers historically. Furthermore, when those guys sit in 500hp supercars all day it will be obvious when they are sitting in a 500hp 60k car... I think their assesment of everything was right on... especially the fast food bit.
Dude the guy is clearly against Americans. The Iraqi resturant joke that wasn't funny, and notice when stig is driving it he goes powered by 7.0L of american friendly fire. How is that funny/entertaining, this guy is the biggest tool and i've never considered his opinions. Tiff is by far more knowledgable and knows his shit. He test drives the car doesn't have some puppet named Stig do it. Also the Z06 would have gotten atleast one second faster if stig knew how to launch cars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bmw_Neo_Type said:
They make plenty of good sports cars.
I didn't mean to get an off topic debate started and maybe I should have been a little more responsible with my comment, but a lot of the cars on that list of English cars aren't on his top 10 list of cars in his video. Also, the Mclaren F1 has a hell of a lot of Germany in it. I don't care where it was assembled.

Z06 - GO AMERICA!

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,669 Posts
5th Gear was a good review, wouldn't mind if it was a bit longer though with more in-depth coverage.
Tiif Needel said:
The Americans, are showing US how to do it.
Top Gear review was garbage, and Clarkson is a tool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts