Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Looking for Mk4
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 94 SZ however the odometer was switched to miles from KM. I'd like to figure out how to switch it back to KM. all of its service history is in km so I know its not a roll back but for some reason the previous owner switched it to miles. The car was parked since 2011 until I bought it.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge Odometer Trip computer

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm not sure if its possible to change from KM/Miles without changing out the entire odometer. Also red flag is the 2008 KM is 125,573KM which is 78,027 miles and the 2009 mileage is 132,023 miles. Thas 53,996 miles in one year.

·
Registered
Looking for Mk4
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if its possible to change from KM/Miles without changing out the entire odometer. Also red flag is the 2008 KM is 125,573KM which is 78,027 miles and the 2009 mileage is 132,023 miles. Thas 53,996 miles in one year.
yeah thats the issue. I think thats when it was changed to type of milage was changed to miles from Km

·
Registered
341 Posts
One other avenue to try is possibly contact relentless motorsports in TX. He does a lot of Toyota ODO repairs and may know of a way to convert it back to KM. Only issue is if the previous owner did in fact change out the ODO to one that displays miles your mileage will not be accurate. Just based on the fact the mileage jumped up so much leads me to believe that it was changed at some point and you will never know the actual mileage of the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts