Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i broke the feed line while trying to take the nut off (it was only a matter of time, it was pretty rusted) when i went to drop the tank.

i know it is easy to merely take the old filter and replace it with a universal one (possibly from a GM) that is of higher capacity that uses simple slip on hose ends and just use a piece of hose between the hardline and the filter.

my question is, is there any disadvantage? i will be using a higher capacity one, such as from a 300z (i think my friend with his 240 used a 300zx one that is the same style when he threw in his SR20) so i figure it shouldn't be a problem.

also, i can move it to a little more accessible place

anyone done it ? i tried searching, but found nothing.

thanks

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yeah, peole do it all the time

they use -8 fuel line and aeromotive fuel filters... but you could use a GM something or nother...

just remember, you should get a high flow filter thats good for 100psi of flow... jus tto be on the safe side.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
yes thankfully that pita stock filter is in the "dont need that anymore" box.
mine is setup like this:

stock hardline cut coming out of the tank and used a compression fitting. from there it runs -6 line to an afco fuel filter (mounted under driver side floor pan) then to the rail.
the filter itself is pretty decent size- 10"x2.5" and 1/2 the price of the aeromotive filter. the other good thing is to change the filter the endcap unscrews, swap in a new element and screw it back on. done.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
dave, whos supra is that with the "Wishlist" on the fender?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts