Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting the SX400-82 Borg Warner turbo anyone have any experience or comments on this Turbo?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

I am looking to produce at least 1100whp

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I am thinking of getting the SX400-82 Borg Warner turbo anyone have any experience or comments on this Turbo?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

I am looking to produce at least 1100whp
To big .... tons of guys are making 1200hp with PTE7685 (76mm).... laggy compared to PTE and garrett also

·
Registered
299 Posts
Another good option would be to call bullseye and have them set you up with a nice billet wheel/race cover borg. Box borgs tend to be meh outside of a couple of the fmw/efr turbos.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Another good option would be to call bullseye and have them set you up with a nice billet wheel/race cover borg. Box borgs tend to be meh outside of a couple of the fmw/efr turbos.
The S400SX 82mm he's referring to is the FMW model .

·
Registered
299 Posts
The S400SX 82mm he's referring to is the FMW model .
"meh outside of a couple of the fmw/efr turbos"

Although i didnt know the model he was taking about was fmw..we will chalk that up to one of the meh fmw turbos ;)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
"meh outside of a couple of the fmw/efr turbos"

Although i didnt know the model he was taking about was fmw..we will chalk that up to one of the meh fmw turbos ;)
Theres a great comparison of the 82mm FMW vs. its 82mm PTE counterpart in the dyno tune section ;-) . I have a BW S400 FMW turbo , But when I see results like I saw in the comparison that IP did ... it makes me wonder lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
Theres a great comparison of the 82mm FMW vs. its 82mm PTE counterpart in the dyno tune section ;-) . I have a BW S400 FMW turbo , But when I see results like I saw in the comparison that IP did ... it makes me wonder lol
I can show you some graphs between a 68mm borg borg based turbo a pte6266 and a pte5857 (5857 on a different but similar setup). Pte got walked on both spool and obviously power lol. Ill never buy a pte again ;).

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I can show you some graphs between a 68mm borg borg based turbo a pte6266 and a pte5857 (5857 on a different but similar setup). Pte got walked on both spool and obviously power lol. Ill never buy a pte again ;).
I truly believe that it comes down to whatever makes a guy happy at the end of the day ;-) I love my BW turbo

·
Registered
299 Posts
I truly believe that it comes down to whatever makes a guy happy at the end of the day ;-) I love my BW turbo
/thread lol

Really though if the borg box 82 is a little behind its time then dont purchase it. There are better options.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your input.....I am more confused.....LOL....

The reason I was looking at the SX400-82 or s482 Borg Warner was price...reliability....and my Whp goals of at least 1100 at the wheels with a 4L80e that eats a lot of power as everyone knows.

Buying a turbo isn't as easy as I thought... So many things to look at
1. Reliability
2. Power needs
3. Size will it fit in the engine bay properly
4. Lagging time on the spool
5. What are other people using as a turbo for this type of WHP
6. Is Garrett and PTE really worth the extra money Vs Borg Warner

·
Toyota Master Tech
1,449 Posts
Is this a race only track car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts