Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 stock TT motor with an Apexi GT spec exhaust, Tanabe downpipe & Greddy bcc installed in about the last 1,000 miles or so. Took car out on a highway run to a charity car show about 100 miles away and it hit fuel cut at highway speeds in passing gear. Was able to continue there and get back home although the car could only continue if I barely gave it gas to slowly keep the speed up, any more it would cut. Code P0172 system too rich showing up twice and P0133 02 circuit slow response. I have looked here and there are no posts to show a solution, any ideas?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,298 Posts
Test O2 sensors.

·
Boost Junkie
12,458 Posts
Since you are on the stock MAF you need to look for vacuum/boost leaks and go from there. If you have any sort of air leak with the MAF it will run pig rich.

Steve

·
Registered
161 Posts
Since you have OBD2, I would hookup a scanner with live data output to the OBD port and you can usually graph o2 sensor output. You should see a nice oscillation as the sensor bounces between 0 and 1 volt.

You should be able to also check out the voltage on the MAF and make sure its in normal range for idle.... You may be able to identify the issue from the scanner be checking all of the sensor outputs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T6Rocket, you are the winner of this challenge haha. At a car show full of "car guys" myself included, we did not notice the intercooler pipe had popped straight up and was sitting on the lower connection that slips in. Looking straight down you could not notice it but messing with it, it easily moved over. Thank you for chiming in on this! If you look up the old posts about people having the same codes, no one every mentioned the intercooler pipe possibility to those guys.

The fuel cut you thought you hit on the hwy was actually an intercooler pipe blowing off. Check ALL those connections.

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts