slightly modified Turbo Imports fuel system
Busted only wanting to leak or not work type-r BOV

Thanks to Andi for the tuning. :)

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lonestar Dawg said:
Congrats on the great numbers! What are your impressions on the RPS kit? (Quality of parts, fit, completeness of kit)

Thanks, Richard
uuhmmm....
no comment ;)

Ok maybe a few... My kit didn't come with everything needed, but not sure to blame RPS or the dealer that took my money. I have only had it on for 10 days now though, but so far everything has held up.

·
462 Posts
Damn...

I'm beginning to get jealous here :) !

Must be great at 27psi!!

Qualen - How did you go about finding the parts you needed and what was missing? Also, how did the flange fit...single or dual flange design?

I really like the RPS concept but not the problems/missing parts/etc.

I'd like to know the details...thanks!

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spool said:
Damn...

I'm beginning to get jealous here :) !

Must be great at 27psi!!

Qualen - How did you go about finding the parts you needed and what was missing? Also, how did the flange fit...single or dual flange design?

I really like the RPS concept but not the problems/missing parts/etc.

I'd like to know the details...thanks!
they are common parts, like intake, k&n, t-bolts and stuff like that :) I have actually had the turbo a whole year now, whatever the old design is, I'm pretty sure thats what I'm running.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Very nice numbers! I am hoping for the low 600 range with my SP63 when I brake my clutch in. My RPS kit was missing parts also. I did not have a V-band clamp. Those are hard to get, there were none on the island that big. (land of Hondas here). Are you thinking of going with cams or an intake?

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silver Orchid SP60 said:
Very nice numbers! I am hoping for the low 600 range with my SP63 when I brake my clutch in. My RPS kit was missing parts also. I did not have a V-band clamp. Those are hard to get, there were none on the island that big. (land of Hondas here). Are you thinking of going with cams or an intake?
Yeah, I needed one of those also. Steve Hayes (boostjunkie) just added 264 cams to his T-64 so I'm going to see his results before I make a decision. Intake would also be nice, but not sure what the HP gains out of one would be yet. At this point I dont have a lot of experimentations dollars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats, those are some crazy numbers for such good spool. That graph looks really smooth. Do you think that the G-Power is robbing any HP?

-Amir

D

·
0 Posts
How do you think 64 would be on an auto? to much lag? or would small shot of spray (30) help spool.

·
462 Posts
You can eliminate lag with a high stall converter 3800 - 4000.

deavenly1 said:
How do you think 64 would be on an auto? to much lag? or would small shot of spray (30) help spool.

B

·
0 Posts
Dude, 4000 stall is very streetable.....lemme describe it cuse i had reservations before I got mine too. The car with teh high stall drives exactly the same as stock stall, except when you get on it. when you step on the gas more than say a 1/4 way, the car downshifts right away and doesn't really start to go forward very hard till it hits 4000rpm. I totally enjoy having mine. In fact, bpu + fmic+4000stall would be a very fast car that would spool instantly. the only problem I have had with the high stall is on the highway at cruizing speed, at that point the downshifts seem much more sensitive.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Qualen, this is Kyle, Congrats on the dyno #'s, you still have to give me a ride....I finally am purchasing my T66 and fuel system, I already have HKS 264 cams @ my house and I look to start this project in Dec...Sounds like Wayne did a good job with the install... Again Congrats!!!!

·
462 Posts
Does the car downshift if you have the converter locked up?

You have a lockup switch...right?

Dev...you'll be able to launch like a mofo!!! Trust me....I drove a T-66 car with 4000 stall and it was crazy. Very streetable. I'm putting in the converter real soon and I'll let you know. You're more than welcome to drive it too!!!

BLK-SP64 said:
Dude, 4000 stall is very streetable.....lemme describe it cuse i had reservations before I got mine too. The car with teh high stall drives exactly the same as stock stall, except when you get on it. when you step on the gas more than say a 1/4 way, the car downshifts right away and doesn't really start to go forward very hard till it hits 4000rpm. I totally enjoy having mine. In fact, bpu + fmic+4000stall would be a very fast car that would spool instantly. the only problem I have had with the high stall is on the highway at cruizing speed, at that point the downshifts seem much more sensitive.

B

·
0 Posts
I didn't get the lockup switch.....I hate things you have to constantly turn on and off................but you do get great launches if you can get traction.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts