Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im wondering if any of you guys with T-76 or close to similar are making boost.
What RPM do you start making boost?

What RPM do you hit full boost?

Just tyring to figure out a way to eliminate lag. on my set up the turbo is suppose to start making boost at 2500 rpm and make full boost at 3000 rpm. I got a single turbo set up so the cross over on my V-8 arnt too efficient.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
smokeAcop said:
Hey im wondering if any of you guys with T-76 or close to similar are making boost.
What RPM do you start making boost?

What RPM do you hit full boost?

Just tyring to figure out a way to eliminate lag. on my set up the turbo is suppose to start making boost at 2500 rpm and make full boost at 3000 rpm. I got a single turbo set up so the cross over on my V-8 arnt too efficient.
So are you putting the T76 on a Supra or a V8???

I start to see some boost at 3000 rpms, by 4k rpms it's pulling Very hard - I'd say Full boost is at 5k rpms.

5k - 8k is a pretty damn wild ride. These are just seat-of-the-pants numbers...so to speak. I'm hitting the dyno this Friday, and my boost gauge doesn't have peak hold :( As soon as I get one w/peak hold. I'll do a number of WOT pulls in each gear and post the amout of boost seen in each gear.

Oh, this is a T76/auto setup. You want to eliminate boost? Get an auto/4k stall - and brake boost a few psi...then hold on!

Don't fool yourself though...the Supra isn't going to spool this turbo like a V8 will. If I punch it from a dead stop (no brake boost) - damn right there's lag.

Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Im putting it in my ls1, its a 6speed.

I know you guys with supra's use alot of big turbos like the T-76. I just wanted to know what kind of lag you were having.
Im only going to be running about 8lbs. of boost though.
so max boost will probably come sooner to me (i got 10.5:1 compression)

thanks,
anybody else wanna give some numbers.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
smokeAcop said:

I know you guys with supra's use alot of big turbos like the T-76. I just wanted to know what kind of lag you were having.

thanks,

I want a ride in your T76/ls1 when it's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Why such a big turbo??? I bet a T60-T66 would fit your application better, What power levels are you going for?

smokeAcop said:

thanks,

·
Registered
181 Posts
sup Jay

i used to have t76 in my car and these turbos makes high end HP. friend of mine has hks t51r in his car and this is very nice turbo. it makes full boost around 4500rpm and starts to spool around 3000. he has t51r tai so i would think t51spl will make more power on top end. this car dynoed 745rwhp at 25psi with TAI.

Jay let me know what you dyno with that T76. i think that T76 is bigger turbo than hks but it doesn't show the HP on dyno. maybe it's too big for the car. keep me posted and i hope you make over 800rwhp or even close to 900rwhp.

Chris

Turbonetics T76 Q-trim with .81AR
i should of used 1.0 ar with this set up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A t-60 will only support 550 bhp for my car. I need the T-76 for the air volume it produces. CFM!!!

Cablebandit here made 471 @8psi on the exact setup im getting.
Im shooting for 500hp not sure how im gonna get the extra 29hp but there are ways.

are you talking 800 hp for me? not even the ls1 big boys are there yet Rob raymer king of the FI LS! is making 707rwhp but he went to a built motor. im still running an aluminum. 707 will get an ls1 in the 9's though.

aluminum engine and high compression dont help turbo charging

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
v8huntr said:
sup Jay

i used to have t76 in my car and these turbos makes high end HP. friend of mine has hks t51r in his car and this is very nice turbo. it makes full boost around 4500rpm and starts to spool around 3000. he has t51r tai so i would think t51spl will make more power on top end. this car dynoed 745rwhp at 25psi with TAI.

Jay let me know what you dyno with that T76. i think that T76 is bigger turbo than hks but it doesn't show the HP on dyno. maybe it's too big for the car. keep me posted and i hope you make over 800rwhp or even close to 900rwhp.

Chris

Turbonetics T76 Q-trim with .81AR
i should of used 1.0 ar with this set up.

Hey Chris...I'm heading to the dyno on Friday! Keep your fingers crossed all goes well!

Here's to some big #'s...

Jay

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
KERR said:
Philly, we need to do soem tradeing on my jeep for one of you supras....
I wish I had mulitple Supras...but I only have this one. Sure I'd trade....the Jeep + $20k.

Jay

·
Registered
84 Posts
I start to make boost around 2800 i think and its at full boost (8 psi) at 3300 rpms (quit laughing Supra guys at my 8 psi as "full boost" :) You can get to 500rwhp by getting a good timing curve and a/f. I have since picked up a few more ponies by leaning out my a/f more than it was on the dyno. Also...I had knock retard at 5000 rpms so my max hp was measured at 4900 rpms. it certainly would have dynod over 471 at a higher rpm with no KR. Get a good timing curve.....good a/f and you will be CLOSE to 500 rwhp. If that doesnt work, get the ls6 intake and you will be over 500.
You need a curve that goes down around 4000 rpms and ramps back up at about 5000 rpms. Ask Harlan on ls1tech for his curve. Ideally I think you can run a max of 24 degrees and ramp down to about 19 at around 4000 and then ramp back up after 5000.
The lag issue...I think we need a bigger downpipe off the turbo. i will look at Robs before I buy it and maybe do my own. We also need a bigger crossover pipe from the passenger side and that looks easy to do. Also I dynod without cutting off the car except for 2 miutes to undo the cutout. The rest of the time it was running...about 1 hour total. If you wrap the one metal pipe thats under the hood by the maf with some header wrap, you should pick up a few more hp due to lower intake air temps. That pipe is the only one that gets hot from engine heat. Quit worrying about the dyno so much...use it for a/f. The track will tell what you are making. The calculators say I am putting down between 486-509 rwhp. I could care less......i just want a 10.99 :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I know when your making boost Jerry (Jerry isnt it?).
I just wanted to know what other cars were making with the same turbo. But im always glad when you chime in with your expertiese. like ive told others you and Harlan are my heros.
But i know the dyno dont realy matter other than bragging rights, time slips is what its all about, but i'm not going to be able to run anything better then a 11.99 till i get a roll cage in (do you have one in yet??) which might be a ways away.
Still think your crazy for running slicks with the stock rear:eek:
but it hasnt broke yet for you (knock on some wood for ya too!)

-Jonathan
aka
smokinHawk
smokeAcop

·
Registered
181 Posts
Jay good luck with you dyno.

i would think that ls1 wouldn't have any problem spooling t76 even with stock bottem end. i would rather run lower boost and loose little bit of low end.

Jay I'll call you later for you'r dyno # or let me know. i hope you touch 900hp high boost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts