Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had HKS 264/272 cams installed on my car and dynoed 625.9 whp @ 1.9 bar.

I must say that i was VERY happy with the outcome! I was wondering what other people were making with that setup on there cars.

My full set up is
All the BPU parts
T78
full fuel w/ 2 pumps and 850cc injectors
VPC/AFC/Gforce and EVC EZ boost controller.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
I have an 850 fuel setup on a t78 and 264 cams. Port and polished head and stock I/M and my car made 606whp at 22psi. Congrats on the numbers.
 
G

·
something doesnt sound right to me..

I have smaller injectors and no cams. I made 636 at 25 psi and race gas.

with cams and your setup u should be close to if not over 700 to the ground...am i on crack ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,636 Posts
625 on pump w/methanol at right around 1.7BAR - AEM tuned.

Edit - this is with no cams BTW.
 

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we did tune it slightly conservatively and could prob get more out of it if we had a different waste gate spring to let me run a few more pounds of boost.
 

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could there be anything that could be robbing me of a few hp?

I have to admit that the car has always run strong and more now that the cams are in it.
 

·
T-Power
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
I did 680rwhp SAE at 28psi about 1.9 bar. Stock computer and stock cams.

i would check for leaks.. is it holding 1.9bar?
 

·
T88 YOU
Joined
·
3,567 Posts
blkdawg said:
I did 680rwhp SAE at 18psi about 1.9 bar. Stock computer and cams.

i would check for leaks.. is it holding 1.9bar?
18psi is not 1.9 bar, 1 bar is 14.7psi make 18psi about 1.2 bar. im guessing by your numbers you were at 1.9 bar(28psi) not 18psi which would be fairly respectable numbers, maybe a little low, but i guess you were on stock head/cams and computer.
 

·
T-Power
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
i meant 28psi :tongue:

SupraDupaFlyBoy,
so what is high # at 28psi for you? what's your dyno #?
 

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It def doesnt have a boost leak since it was holding at 1.8-1.9 bar the whole way through
 

·
T88 YOU
Joined
·
3,567 Posts
my friend made 674 on stock head/cams on 27# with a hole in the #6 piston, not saying your numbers are not where they should be, just are not the highest i have seen with your setup, like i said i understand you were on stock head/cams and if you had a fully built head you would easily be in the 700 club.

97Tdawg, what are your "bpu" mods, full list. im guessing you have front-mount and full exhaust? which ones are you using?
 

·
T-Power
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
my friend made 674 on stock head/cams on 27# with a hole in the #6 piston, not saying your numbers are not where they should be, just are not the highest i have seen with your setup, like i said i understand you were on stock head/cams and if you had a fully built head you would easily be in the 700 club.
Did i ever say my # was the highest or anything? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
You must be tuned very conservatively, as I made 625 RWHP at just under 2.0 bar with my lil 61 with stock cams. ;)

You probably have plenty of room to lean it out a bit and advance the timing for at least 50-60 RWHP more.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
You must be tuned very conservatively, as I made 625 RWHP at just under 2.0 bar with my lil 61 with stock cams. ;)

You probably have plenty of room to lean it out a bit and advance the timing for at least 50-60 RWHP more.

Leaning it out a bit will only add so much power.. it certainely wouldn't gain him a huge amount of H.P. Furthermore, he's using a piggy back set-up that won't allow him to throw more timing at it.

97Tdawg, what gas were you using? Did you reset it for the last pull after adding race gas?(assuming thats the process you took) Your numbers look to be in the general ball park for a T-78 car w/o Cams...
 

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Car had C16 in it and no we didnt reset the ecu at all. I also have a FJO wideband on the car but it was reading about two tenths off from the dynos AFRs.

What kind of AFRs were yall seeing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
Leaning it out a bit will only add so much power.. it certainely wouldn't gain him a huge amount of H.P. Furthermore, he's using a piggy back set-up that won't allow him to throw more timing at it.

97Tdawg, what gas were you using? Did you reset it for the last pull after adding race gas?(assuming thats the process you took) Your numbers look to be in the general ball park for a T-78 car w/o Cams...
Leaning can provide what I would call a huge amount of HP, at various stages of tuning I have seen differences of about 40+ RWHP difference from 10:1 or less compared to 12:1 a/f, although I ususally do about 11.5 ish ultimately. I have piggy backs also and cannot adjust timing.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top