Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost are you guys running on 93 octane with a T-78 and upgraded fuel.

Anyone ever dyno on pump gas?

I know dyno testing wiht a A/f gauge is the "only" true way to really tell how much safe boost you can run. There is a pretty heated debate going on (between friends) about how much boost on 93octane a single turbo car can run.

Some have said 1.7 bar others no more than 1.1.

Any daily pump gas boost setting would be appreciated.

TIA

-TY

T-78 (awaiting fuel next week:) )

·
AutoBanh Motorsports
398 Posts
18 - 20 psi on pump gas.
nothing more than that on pump gas

Tommy
T-78

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
When I used to own the T 78...around 21-22 psi and now with the T 88 same boost..no problem...:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!

I take it the timing stays pretty good with 18-22 psi and little knock?

Kick ass info though,( you guys won me $5 ) :)

-TY

T-78 (6 more days till fuel!!)

M

·
0 Posts
Jesus said:
When I used to own the T 78...around 21-22 psi and now with the T 88 same boost..no problem...:)
What was your setup that you got 698 rwhp on 93 at 21 psi? I want to hit those numbers (although I know I can't running 91 octane). If I remember correctly, I saw a dyno of this run, and your A/F ratio was very lean.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Maao said:

What was your setup that you got 698 rwhp on 93 at 21 psi? I want to hit those numbers (although I know I can't running 91 octane). If I remember correctly, I saw a dyno of this run, and your A/F ratio was very lean.
My car was NOT very lean, was barely slightly lean, we did back to back runs and no problems, Angel can elaborate a little bit more on this.

M

·
0 Posts
Jesus said:
My car was NOT very lean, was barely slightly lean, we did back to back runs and no problems, Angel can elaborate a little bit more on this.
Sorry, Jesus. I thought you did the 698 on a T78. :)

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Jesus said:
is this normal, I just got my turbo installed today
no boost controller ,stock maf, stock catlyic converter
in 2nd gear when I wot it goes over 1.4-1.5 kg2 boost
is this normal and it takes forever to spool

·
boost is good
772 Posts
C5KILLR said:

is this normal, I just got my turbo installed today
no boost controller ,stock maf, stock catlyic converter
in 2nd gear when I wot it goes over 1.4-1.5 kg2 boost
is this normal and it takes forever to spool
what turbo kit is it? you really need to adjust your wastgate if you are still on stock fuel. you are asking for a new engine with that kinda boost without fuel upgraded.

·
251 Posts
I have greddy t78
and my car engine dies alot too
is that cause of stock maf

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C5KILLR,

Your flirting with disaster. 1.4-1.5 is way too high for stock fuel car. The bolt that is on top of the wastegate needs loosened. When it's almost all the way out tighten the lock nut. You should only see about 1.0 and nothing more wiht the cat on. Once you remove the cat it will go to 1.1.

My T-78 spools fine. Alot less lag than I thought it would have. I would say only a little worse than my car in TTC. I start building boost at 3100-3300RPMS and I'm at full boost by 4700.

-TY
T-78(4 more days till fuel:) )

·
251 Posts
thank u so much :)

·
251 Posts
TYWRAP said:
C5KILLR,

Your flirting with disaster. 1.4-1.5 is way too high for stock fuel car. The bolt that is on top of the wastegate needs loosened. When it's almost all the way out tighten the lock nut. You should only see about 1.0 and nothing more wiht the cat on. Once you remove the cat it will go to 1.1.

from under the car , u mean the bottom bolt
I loosened all the way still hitting 1.2kg or more
and there is two more plugs
where does that goes too boost controller??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
C5KILLR,

The bolt on top of the wastegate(it will be pointing down). Turn it almost all the way out(like 1-2 threads till it falls out),loosen it a bit more. Tighten the lock nut then. One of the lines goes to a pressure scource(it's the one on the side) , the other goes to nothing( ty-wrap:) it to somewhere out of the way and make sure that the end can get open atmosphere, it's the one on the bottom). Don't hook a boost control up until you get fuel . The greddy wastegate can handle the boost no-problem with it set on wastegate spring pressure.

Hope this help.

-TY

W

·
0 Posts
Hitting high numbers on pump gas is like playing chicken. I hit 700 rwhp on my 93 octane setting of 1.5 bar. During the winter, I run that everywhere. On the dyno, if I was just trying to be cute, I could hit 750 rwhp. But I couldn't run that on the street for more than a gear, and it wouldn't be very smart. A buffer zone is a good idea.

·
251 Posts
TYWRAP said:
C5KILLR,

The bolt on top of the wastegate(it will be pointing down). Turn it almost all the way out(like 1-2 threads till it falls out),loosen it a bit more. Tighten the lock nut then. One of the lines goes to a pressure scource(it's the one on the side) , the other goes to nothing( ty-wrap:) it to somewhere out of the way and make sure that the end can get open atmosphere, it's the one on the bottom). Don't hook a boost control up until you get fuel . The greddy wastegate can handle the boost no-problem with it set on wastegate spring pressure.

Hope this help.

-TY
thank you tywrap:)
I will try it tommorow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts