Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
My alter ego Spike Spiegal says:

It comes on not much later than the twins in parallel mode, at least mine anyways. But mine were old as dirt so they may not count. It gets interesting as the outside temps drop.

Eric, oh sorry, Spike Spiegal

·
Registered
849 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
My alter ego Spike Spiegal says:

It comes on not much later than the twins in parallel mode, at least mine anyways. But mine were old as dirt so they may not count. It gets interesting as the outside temps drop.

Eric, oh sorry, Spike Spiegal
How long have run your t-78 on stock fuel? What boost do you run?

matthew
installing a t-78 on my supra

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Since about late October or so. Suspension and fuel are next in a couple of months. I wanted to get the fuel fight after, but the
T-78 will kick the crap out of a stock clutch without a high pressure plate. Mine died on the dyno. I only run 1.1 bar of boost to be safe, but all the same, I never run it hard in 3rd or 4th. I can't wait to see what the rest of the mods have to offer (suspension, fuel, cams, and valve springs) in the way of increased hp.

Eric

·
Registered
849 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
Since about late October or so. Suspension and fuel are next in a couple of months. I wanted to get the fuel fight after, but the
T-78 will kick the crap out of a stock clutch without a high pressure plate. Mine died on the dyno. I only run 1.1 bar of boost to be safe, but all the same, I never run it hard in 3rd or 4th. I can't wait to see what the rest of the mods have to offer (suspension, fuel, cams, and valve springs) in the way of increased hp.

Eric
what did you dyno on stock fuel

matthew

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
I dynoed 463.6 rwhp at 5800 rpm when the clutch went out. Since then I've added an RPS stage 3 clutch w/light flywheel, electric fans, and a g-force ECU for singles. I read on some recent posts the the g-force is shown to reduce rwhp but it feels great to me. I hope that I'm somewhere in the 500 rwhp range. My fuel pump and injectors are old so I don't think they can handle anything more, especially above 6000 rpm.

Eric

·
Registered
849 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
I dynoed 463.6 rwhp at 5800 rpm when the clutch went out. Since then I've added an RPS stage 3 clutch w/light flywheel, electric fans, and a g-force ECU for singles. I read on some recent posts the the g-force is shown to reduce rwhp but it feels great to me. I hope that I'm somewhere in the 500 rwhp range. My fuel pump and injectors are old so I don't think they can handle anything more, especially above 6000 rpm.

Eric
how much for the g-force upgrade.
also have you had any boost spike problems
matthew

·
boost is good
772 Posts
DreamerTheresa said:
The boyfriend with the '97 TT Alpine asks:

What do those of you with the T-78's think of your set-up? What RPMs do you hit boost, etc?

Thanks!

``Theresa
http://theresafarrell.com
absolutely love my t78, hits boost alot faster then many people think, like everyone always says, lag is overrated. the quality on the greddy kit is top notch and fitment was perfect. i ran around awhile for it on stock fuel with no problems. wastegate vented everytime at 1.1, no spikes. i just got done upgrading fuel so it should start get interesting now.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
I got the upgrade from a fellow Forum member for 850. It was a of a future upgrade kind of thing. I don't have the valve springs to run to 8200 rpm yet, but I wanted to have the ECU for when I do. I don't have my Boost controller hooked up anymore, I just run the wastegate at 1.1 bar. The wastegate is great at boost regulation. It's never gotten out of hand.

Eric

·
Registered
849 Posts
at what rpm does the t-78 come alive

thanks for the great feed back
I cant wait to get the turbo installed.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
It starts screaming at 45-4700 rpm but keep in mind the I'm only running 1.1 bar. I'm not sure what it'll do with upgraded fuel and higher boost. Did you buy the kit yet?

Eric

·
Registered
849 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
It starts screaming at 45-4700 rpm but keep in mind the I'm only running 1.1 bar. I'm not sure what it'll do with upgraded fuel and higher boost. Did you buy the kit yet?

Eric
Yes, im waiting for it to be delivered. John Minert already has his and im installing it. We just cant do fuel right now. The kit is the best.
matthew

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I just upgraded my fuel system and got a new clutch. I am runing about 1.4 bar boost and am still on stock IC.
The boost comes on hard at about 43-4700 rpm's. The car is runing really strong, pulls so hard that I can totally destroy my 275 Nitto drag radials all the way through 2nd gear and some of third. If I shift quick it will spin a little into fourth gear. I need some more tire! :mad: I'm going to be runing some 315 Nitto drags in a few weeks, hope it will hook.

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts