Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
That looks to be really well done, any idea when you'll have it done? I'm not sure how it will look for your paintcode. I think it would look pretty awesome on a nice black or white car.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
It looks great so far, way to be different! :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Job well done get some pics up when you have it all sanded down and primered, it looks amazing good job.

·
3M ENGINEER R.&.D
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That looks to be really well done, any idea when you'll have it done? I'm not sure how it will look for your paintcode. I think it would look pretty awesome on a nice black or white car.
Maybe another month to finish the welding and a week at the body shop. Also looking for sponsorship to have it molded;)

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
how did you start this thing...
step one.. cut... thats how you start.. obviously after some planning on how you want it to look

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
Looks great, and this is definitely a purposeful mod'. I'll add another slit / vent by the radiator. Comparable to the exh. manifold & turbo, the radiator will be the next significant source of heat within the engine bay.

·
3M ENGINEER R.&.D
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Looks great, and this is definitely a purposeful mod'. I'll add another slit / vent by the radiator. Comparable to the exh. manifold & turbo, the radiator will be the next significant source of heat within the engine bay.
I'm thinking adding a slight vent opening by the radiator area instead of the small vent at the upper corner (I'll look at it again tom)....what say you?

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
I'm thinking adding a slight vent opening by the radiator area instead of the small vent at the upper corner (I'll look at it again tom)....what say you?
Anything that allows for heat evacuation from the primary sources will be a step in the right direction.
Note, at speeds the hood will be a high pressure zone. So, a little bump at the leading edge of the 1st slot will create a lower pressure area, thus aiding in slightly better evacuation in all the remaining slots. Little picky fluid dynamics there, but either case, as it stands presently, your modification is a "damn" good idea.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.