Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 6-speed.
My stock turbos have failed so it is time for me to upgrade to a big single :)
I have narrowed down my selections to the HKS T04R and the RPS T72 kits.

SW's videos make me lean toward the T72 kit, but I know he has tons of money, so the turbo is not the only thing that makes his car so fast. I know that there is an option for a ceramic ball-bearing turbo....and that is what I will buy if I do decide on the RPS T72 kit.

I hear many good things about the craftsmanship of the HKS T04R kit. I have also heard that it is capable of making some pretty decent power. Is the T04R a ceramic ball-bearing turbo?
What kind of power/lag differences can I expect between the two turbos? I am looking to have a strong street/highway car that can also put down some decent 1/4 times.

Any suggestions/comments are greatly appriciated.

(BTW, I tried to do a search on the forums for answers to my questions, but the search feature has been disabled.)

Thanks in Advance,

Shane

Y

·
0 Posts
Turbo Choices

:D well to answer your question about the turbo choices I would go with the PHR stage 3 do to the outstanding gains and upgrades you get with it, Plus I have the stage three on mine and haven't been beat yet by a T72 or To4r so I hope this will help, You slow poke see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Re: Turbo Choices

Why don't you bring that car to TX for TX2K2 and we'll line them up...
Peter

yamaman22 said:
:D well to answer your question about the turbo choices I would go with the PHR stage 3 do to the outstanding gains and upgrades you get with it, Plus I have the stage three on mine and haven't been beat yet by a T72 or To4r so I hope this will help, You slow poke see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts