Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed my wideband I am running lean under boost. 13 lbs, with 550s and lexus, stock FPR and stock pump. My timing was too advanced, by alot. Now I want to set it at 10 deg. Once i get it set at 10 i remove the jumper t1 and e1 my timing does not jump up to 12 as described as tsrm? I think my TPS is off, I cant get that fucker within TSRM specs up for the life of me. After fixing my charcoal canister sitiuation, I run lean at idle (15.0:1 AFR) with timing set at 10, but no difference in t1 and e1? EHh?

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^ basically there is no difference at all when i jumper, and un jumper t1 and e1. Does this mean im not going into closed loop? The only code i get is 51. And usually thats TPS, however it also could be due to my removed AC completly.

~scott

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would look towards the TPS not being adjusted correctly. My first attempt to adjust my timing when I purchased my supra had the same problem. I jumpered the E1 and TE1 and timing would not move. I adjusted the TPS as per the TSRM and I was able to adjust the timing.

·
Registered
942 Posts
15.0:1 is fine for idle, but what are you reading when your in boost-anything over 12.0 is too lean for street use.-when you jump the terminals, does your check engine light blink?

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
your engine will never go into closed loop at idle

Te1 and E1 is setting the ECM into check mode. Engine should be operating temperature. Idle around 700rpms IIRC. Unjumpered, the timing should be more or less erratic, then when you jumper Te1 and E1, the timing should settle down.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice on my TPS. I figured that was at the base of my problems. When I boost for any period of time I'm rich ie 3rd gear and on at WOT. But if im not at WOT then I run all over the 14s, even if im boosting 5-10 lbs, seems like my TPS to blame for both these problems to me. Ill investigate for the 100th time when i get home tonite.

~scott

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
jong said:
your engine will never go into closed loop at idle...
ummmmmmm. no. once the coolant temp reaches normal, idle is closed loop...albeit slower than @ cruise. watch your A/F @ idle, bouncing = closed loop. no bouncing? adjust your TPS....

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
oops. my bad. brain fart. I remember now. 5 times ECM in open loop. Cranking, Cold engine, hard accel, WOT, and fuel cut.

sorry for the confusion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts