Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
D
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the 60-1 hi-fi and I read that it bolts up to our stock manifold, but I thought the 60-1 had a t4 inlet flange? Can someone clear this up for me. Maybe the 60-1 and 60-1 hi-fi have different inlet flanges.

I would ask horsepowerfreaks, but their only open on the week days.

Thanks, Drew

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,905 Posts
dont buy this pos turbo. It never works and turbonetics sucks when it come to honoring the warranty.

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
I am looking at getting the 60-1 hi-fi and I read that it bolts up to our stock manifold, but I thought the 60-1 had a t4 inlet flange? Can someone clear this up for me. Maybe the 60-1 and 60-1 hi-fi have different inlet flanges.

I would ask horsepowerfreaks, but their only open on the week days.

Thanks, Drew
It uses a modified Ct26 exhaust housing clone (enlarged and flows better) and it will bolt on to our stock manifold. Everything except the exhaust housing is standard T3/T4..........It is not a shit turbo......But turbonetics is the worst in customer service thats the only reason I would say don't buy it.

I had on of the 62-1 stage V versions and it was an awesome turbo. But it was a pain in the ass to obtain

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,905 Posts
Well the one I had, and Trent had, had wastegate problems and never worked out of the Box. Ask Mike92lx and he will say the same. A shit turbo. Even one of the guys that sold it to me told me it was shit. Hpf.com BTW. So you got one that works. Do a search on that turbo, and you will find lots of unhappy buyers. Suprasport.com started haveing them made by innovative turbo because turbonetics was makeing a pos. Search and you will see I am telling the truth. Ask Mrboost Jeff M of Supra sport about the problems he had with that thing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why don't you go to Sound Performance and get one of thiers? The Sp61gt is a direct bolt on.

D
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did do a search and a few people recomended it. I was looking for a t4 flange, so I could use the aftermarket manifold w/ external wastegate. Does the normal 60-1 have a t4 flange?

I was gonna go with the sp59gt, but its not in my price range. The sp61gt is, but as far as I can tell thats going to spool slower than the 60-1 and Im looking for quick spool.

This is like my second or third turbo thread and I know im being a pain in the a$$, but there is no "do overs" on a $1000+ turbo. Just trying to pick the right one, the first time around.

·
1,062 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Well the one I had, and Trent had, had wastegate problems and never worked out of the Box. Ask Mike92lx and he will say the same. A shit turbo. Even one of the guys that sold it to me told me it was shit. Hpf.com BTW. So you got one that works. Do a search on that turbo, and you will find lots of unhappy buyers. Suprasport.com started haveing them made by innovative turbo because turbonetics was makeing a pos. Search and you will see I am telling the truth. Ask Mrboost Jeff M of Supra sport about the problems he had with that thing.
Yes your right ..........Actually my bad for not mentioning that mine was reworked thats why I had no problems.

·
1,062 Posts
here check here www.extremepsi.com I just ordered a precision turbo SC61 from them

SC61
61mm compressor
water cooled +$85
TO4S compressor housing +$100
.63 A/R
76 trim turbine
T4 flange

$940 shipped

·
1,062 Posts
jjh said:
but that turbo wont bolt on to our car will it?
Upgraded to SS T4 manifold

D
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fried Rice said:
here check here www.extremepsi.com I just ordered a precision turbo SC61 from them

SC61
61mm compressor
water cooled +$85
TO4S compressor housing +$100
.63 A/R
76 trim turbine
T4 flange

$940 shipped
I read that sc61 spools just a little slower than the stock ct26? What rpm do you think it would hit 15 psi by? (givin turbular manifold, 3" turbo back catless, intake, lexus AFM, walbro 255, 550 inj, apexi SAFC, etc.)

P.S. Im only looking for 375-425 whp

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,708 Posts
For that amount of HP, the SP61GT would be fine. It uses the newer Garrett GT wheel.

It appears that SP finally has the housings to build the bolt on models.

I was too impatient to wait so I bought the housing from Fried Rice.

I spoke with PTE with the intention of getting the SC5252E, but Patrick at PTE explained that even thought the PT61 was a larger wheel; spool would be virtually the same due to the PT61 using the newer GT wheel.

They were also the same price.

Fried Rice, can you give more detail on the reworked wastegate?

Was this regarding the wastegate in the housing or the actuator itself?

Dan

·
1,062 Posts
90Legend said:
For that amount of HP, the SP61GT would be fine. It uses the newer Garrett GT wheel.

It appears that SP finally has the housings to build the bolt on models.

I was too impatient to wait so I bought the housing from Fried Rice.

I spoke with PTE with the intention of getting the SC5252E, but Patrick at PTE explained that even thought the PT61 was a larger wheel; spool would be virtually the same due to the PT61 using the newer GT wheel.

They were also the same price.

Fried Rice, can you give more detail on the reworked wastegate?

Was this regarding the wastegate in the housing or the actuator itself?

Dan
The actual wastegate itself. I bought it from Jtamlius a guy here on supraforums. Anybody that knows him knows he sells good stuff. The shaft the wastegate is made with has a tendency to bind in the shaft sleeve. The one I sold you was replaced with a better fitting shaft that rotates nice and easy and will not bind. You will need to use an adjustable wastegate actuator to get the proper preload you desire. I had mine set to 11psi. Sorry I had already sold my actuator before I listed the housing. If it wasn't for turbonetics being such fags I would have ordered the exact same turbo except T4 flange off course

·
1,062 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
I read that sc61 spools just a little slower than the stock ct26? What rpm do you think it would hit 15 psi by? (givin turbular manifold, 3" turbo back catless, intake, lexus AFM, walbro 255, 550 inj, apexi SAFC, etc.)

For that I'd stick with a 57 or 60 trim Ct you'll have mad spool and a plenty of power. But make sure you use a good flowing BOV to keep the compressor from seeing to much pressure backup when you snap the the throttle closed. Don't make the mistake I did and use a poopy then pick bits of the compressor out of you r intake pipes and intercooler:cry:

I don't know how much of a difference the manifold will make but I can use my 60 trim CT and my 62-1 as references once I get everything back together.

·
1,062 Posts

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
I've got a 60-1 with the 4" inlet and it spools later than a ct-26 would, but I have stg V intake/exhaust and a slightly ported exhaust manifold/exhaust ports. The car is down right now and I've only boosted a coupla times with it but the boost hits real hard. BTW it's a turbonetics with a standard t4 housing. I made an adapter a while back so I could get my external wg in the system. Obviously I had to make my own dp and ic pipes...
Here's a pic from up top:

And one of the adapter:

The dp and wg (I know the wg is in the wrong position - blind engineering :rolleyes:, also taken b4 I finished the dp)

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,708 Posts
Thanks for the info. Look forward to the housing.

I kind of like the watercooled idea as well and will expolre that option; once I get the housing to double check the measurements and can then order the turbo.

Dan

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the SP61, and it definantly spools slower than a stock ct-26, and an upgraded ct-26. However, you will be rewarded with a rush of power that doesn't quit until your RPM limiter says so., which to me feels like a better powerband. BTW, in 4th gear, 15psi hits at 3300 rpm according to my boost gauge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts