Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got the video rehosted and updated the video with some music and my new track times with the setup in the video. The old time of [email protected] was causing alot of people to call BS.

That and the old thread on here turned to shit and I didnt feel like searching for it.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
That is one quick SRT-4!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
With a little brake-boosting, it looks like the neon would have won all the races. Its hard to beat that initial kick of a big-cube V8.
What the record power and 1/4 mile et/mph for a stock motor neon? Thats pretty impressive for a stock 2.4 liter. How strong are the trannies?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lightspeed240 said:
With a little brake-boosting, it looks like the neon would have won all the races. Its hard to beat that initial kick of a big-cube V8.
What the record power and 1/4 mile et/mph for a stock motor neon? Thats pretty impressive for a stock 2.4 liter. How strong are the trannies?
Trannies are stout, havent heard of any problems with them even at 450+ whp. The axles tend to snap at that power level though.

I have since gone to DSS Stage 5 axles and actually converted my car over to a Darrell Cox 3 speed (with a lockup converter) automatic. Has a 3600 stall. Weight reduction, cage, slicks and skinnies. Going for 10's on the stock unopened motor with no juice.

·
Registered
497 Posts
silverscooby said:
Trannies are stout, havent heard of any problems with them even at 450+ whp. The axles tend to snap at that power level though.
I have since gone to DSS Stage 5 axles and actually converted my car over to a Darrell Cox 3 speed (with a lockup converter) automatic. Has a 3600 stall. Weight reduction, cage, slicks and skinnies. Going for 10's on the stock unopened motor with no juice.
Very cool ride. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts