Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my garrett t04 turbo mounted onto the 7m with an adaptor. Its not complete yet.

Now its in the engine bay

I will post more as I progress.

Charlie

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like i said everything is nto yet complete.....wastegate will be a tial 38mm externally vented. I will weld it on the adaptor just like the maxx adaptor.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Nice, but no bracing or anything yet eh? or is that planned still? aight peace :chicken:

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
can easily put one between the flange/spacer he made. He'll just have to build some supports on that thing to help it stay up without cracking the welds and breaking.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
Nice, but no bracing or anything yet eh? or is that planned still? aight peace :chicken:
Bracing not necessary. I had the maxx adapter and never had a problem. No bracing of any kind. Looking good!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stock manifold will be fine. Im not looking for a dyno queen :). I only put the motor back in to see how everything fits and clearance issues. Im still waiting on my oil pan from jeff watson.

No bracing will be done. I dont see a need for it. Others that I've talked to has had no problems with cracking on the welds without a brace.

400rwhp is enough for this mk2. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stock manifold will be fine. Im not looking for a dyno queen . I only put the motor back in to see how everything fits and clearance issues. Im still waiting on my oil pan from jeff watson.

No bracing will be done. I dont see a need for it. Others that I've talked to has had no problems with cracking on the welds without a brace.

400rwhp is enough for this mk2.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
if it was me I would build support bracing. not much trouble to do. i've personally seen customer's cars with their adapters actually break around the welds. Added stress,heat, and vibration will do it over time!

but its your call. Good luck!

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Your oil drain is facing the shock tower... aight peace... :chicken:

:p

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
reign maker: yes i know its only there for temp. I will loosen up the bolts and rotate it then. Right now im making my intercooler pipes for it.

Thanks but i didnt forget. :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
Stock manifold? That gonna make much difference with that turbo?
i made 482 whp on my stock manifold. i am replacing it with hks unit and gonna go back to the dyno then and see if there is a diference and ho w big

1 - 20 of 23 Posts