Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
For sure I'm out of fuel past 1.2B because I'm stock fuel except S-AFCII.
What do you advice to me?

Should I run Fuel Upgarde with Walbro Pump, 850cc... or must I change only my stock Injectors?
Can I take only the Fuel upgarde with stock ECU?

Or should I run with AEM ?

Thks

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
You can, of course, go with the stock ECu as long as you have a piggy back like your AFC or a MAP ECU or similar. So you can adapt the ECU to the lower duty cycles necessary when using larger injectors.
There are some side-feed injectors on the market but most people go with a complete fuel system, constisting of double pumps (e.g. Walbros or stock units), larger fuel lines and the common aluminum fuel rails and top feed injectors (like Siemens, Bosch or whatever).
The cost is somewhere around 1.500 bucks or so.. But I would do so instead of just changing the stockers in the OE fuel rail cause you still have the restrictions like lines, pump etc.
As a slight improvement you can do the FDB mod (deletion of the pulsation dampener). This should bring some more fuel out of the stockers..
Gerd

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
another option is methanol injection. you get a few benefits:
- it acts as an additional injector; do some searching and you should find you might be able to get 24-26psi out of it
- it cools the intake charge (and helps prevent detonation)
- it will raise your octane (and let you run 91/93 all the time)

i am able to get 20psi out of my gt61p and i've still got fuel left. have you checked your fuel filter, etc to be certain?

one other option might be a fuel pressure regulator. this probably isn't the safest option, but you could probably get 2-3psi more for ~ $150.

- chuck

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i agree on the methanol injection. i run it too. yea i'm a mk3 owner; but a motor is a motor. i did 543rwhp with 550 injectors and i had plenty of fuel left due to the methanol. this was on a ITS 67MM turbo

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
it's fuel; you put a tank in the back, run a line up front, and spray it in right before the throttle body.

the downside to just the fuel system is that you still need octane to run the higher boost. w/ meth, yuo get both fuel & octane for $300-500 depending on the system you use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts