Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy is claiming 707HP @ 5700 rpm's on a T66 equipped BMW S38 M5 motor at (get this) 15lbs of boost! Plus spinning tires in 5th gear. Post shows a Mustang dyno. What do you guys think? Never heard of a t66 laying down that kind of power at that boost level :scratch:

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=18525

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
With a larger engine (like the one they have) it wont take as much boost. To make power you need air flow. The power may be a little inflated being done at high altitude but not that much.

Sounds badass to me.

Daniel

S

·
0 Posts
It's quite likely. That motor is obviously not stock. And depending on the compression ratio... yes it's possible that the T66 is making a lot of power at that amount of boost. Boost is not relative in any sense, and while I do agree that 15 psi is below the power max efficiency of that turbo... it's still a pretty badass job.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah, something isn't right...if you look at the compressor maps of a T66 at 15 psi its only flowing enough air to support in the neighborhood of 450hp....somethings seems amiss...

Also, that turbo hasn't even reached its most efficient range of 20-30psi...extrapolate that out and that means you'd be making 1400hp at 30psi boost...which is twice the T66 flow capacity....

Just my 02...

Dave

·
Registered
328 Posts
Pretty hard to belive, he says it's 8.7:1 compression. Is it a 3.2L? I highly doubt it, not at those boost levels and C/R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
neostreamsupra said:
that dyno is rigged. lol iono 707 is kinda high but either way that car is badass

It’s interesting that the actual owner/builder of the motor/car does not respond yet has his buddy do it for him. Nowadays, you can’t even trust dyno sheets because some are fudged for business purposes, to lure people into shops. If not, then there has to be a shot of NOS in there somewhere. I cannot see an S38 motor (which is designed totally around the highest degree of natural aspiration) compete with a purpose built 2jz turbo motor with a T66…showing that kind of HP/TQ and burning the tires in 5th, all on 15psi of boost! Guys, we all know what 15psi feels like, don’t we? When was the last time you smoked your tires in 5th at 15psi? That’s chicken feed boost, at least to me. According to the post, if he were to run, say, 25psi or 30 psi, he would be (according to those calculations) over 1000 hp with a singleT66 with mysterious supporting mods. The thing that gets me is that people actually believe this kind of stuff in the bmw community.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts