Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laid down 585 rwhp (corrected) at a 11.9 A/F ratio at 18 psi. I'd image the Cams are good for 40 rwhp. The S-AFC tuning was good for 50 rwhp. I hope to see 700s w/28 psi. Any one know if 11.9 A/F is slightly rich/lean?

Will post dyno shortly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is a 94 6-spd and idles rough for the first 1-2 minutes then it's fine. That 585rwhp was also on pump gas. I have 850 cc injectors.

If I had run 116 ocate at the same 18 psi is there any reason to think it would add more whp?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Wow a corrected dyno, and he knows his a/f too! I like dyno runs you can actually learn from :)

Does the car have a lightweight flywheel/UD pully?

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Hmmm, a few observations. First of all, GREAT numbers!!!!! That is an achievement on that size turbo, 585 rwhp is alot at 18 psi. Now, as for a/f, on pump gas and 18 psi you are fine right at 11.9:1. The ONLY reason race gas would have helped you would be if you were detonating from running too much boost, which i'm sure is NOT the case. In the summer you can run 18 psi on pump and in the winter you can run 20 psi on pump. You might have lost power on race gas seeing as it does burn slower. On NOS you want to tune to about 11.5:1 and at high boost i'd stay right around 11.5-8:1. I do have a question, what was the correction factor? Just curious...

B

·
0 Posts
Finnally!!

Now you can say "I made 585hp"!! Way to go dude. Great number at 18psi(now I'm starting to believe some of your stories). Turn it up to 28 and lets see what she'll do(over 700rwhp I bet). Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLK-SP64,

Thanks man, I should have dynoed a long time ago. You guys are right...I have a small turbo for the injectors. If I had to do it over again I would have probably gone with a T-72 and maybe a 272 on the exhaust side.

Yes I do have a lightened flywheel. Guess that should be good for 10-15 rwhp or so. So what is the outer limits for a T66 (w/o cams) at 28 psi I'd imagine 650 rwhp, about the same as an SP-63? I don't have a UD pulley though.

The correction factor was ~5% according to AAM. It was around 55 degrees and I am only ~300ft or so above sea level.

Now I just need to beat that damn LPE-C5TT. We ran again last month again before I was tuned but I was at 1.7 bar on cam2 116 octane and I was only 1/2 car behind from 10-100mph.

Will post the dyno this week.

P

·
0 Posts
iturk said:
BLK-SP64,

Thanks man, I should have dynoed a long time ago. You guys are right...I have a small turbo for the injectors. If I had to do it over again I would have probably gone with a T-72 and maybe a 272 on the exhaust side.

Yes I do have a lightened flywheel. Guess that should be good for 10-15 rwhp or so. So what is the outer limits for a T66 (w/o cams) at 28 psi I'd imagine 650 rwhp, about the same as an SP-63? I don't have a UD pulley though.

The correction factor was ~5% according to AAM. It was around 55 degrees and I am only ~300ft or so above sea level.

Now I just need to beat that damn LPE-C5TT. We ran again last month again before I was tuned but I was at 1.7 bar on cam2 116 octane and I was only 1/2 car behind from 10-100mph.

Will post the dyno this week.
Why would you have gone with T72 over the T66, why not run smaller injectors like 720's?

I'm just asking this to learn...

You aren't happy with the numbers the T66 put down, and would be willing to have extra lag with the T72 which is equivalent to the size of a T88, right?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
The compressor wheel on a T88-34D is about 70-mm (2.744" at the inducer), so it's more like a T-70 in that regard.

Steve
poweraddict said:

Why would you have gone with T72 over the T66, why not run smaller injectors like 720's?

I'm just asking this to learn...

You aren't happy with the numbers the T66 put down, and would be willing to have extra lag with the T72 which is equivalent to the size of a T88, right?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with bigger injectors in case I wanted to upgrade to a larger turbo. I still am not used to the lag. At 3K rpms my car makes only 100 rwhp, I made 200 rwhp in my BPU. I have such a short powerband of 5-6.5K rpms where rwhp goes from 480 to 585.

In need to get the GForce...what will that let me tack to? 7.6 or 8K rpms? What does the Gforce do besides removing the 7K rpm fuel cut?

So the T72 is bigger than the T88? Is the 72 the largest you will usually find on the Supra?

P

·
0 Posts
iturk said:
I went with bigger injectors in case I wanted to upgrade to a larger turbo. I still am not used to the lag. At 3K rpms my car makes only 100 rwhp, I made 200 rwhp in my BPU. I have such a short powerband of 5-6.5K rpms where rwhp goes from 480 to 585.

In need to get the GForce...what will that let me tack to? 7.6 or 8K rpms? What does the Gforce do besides removing the 7K rpm fuel cut?

So the T72 is bigger than the T88? Is the 72 the largest you will usually find on the Supra?

Whats the exhaust wheel on your turbo, P or Q Trim?
I dont see why you are getting so much lag from that turbo. Are you using a bigger AR housing that came with the kit?

When are you in full boost?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Post the dyno sheet

That would be a big help in seeing how the car is behaving...

B

·
0 Posts
ITurk,

I always wondered why you had such a small turbo for the amount of fuel(850's) you had. You definately need an upgraded ECU with that 6spd. 6800rpm is not enough; especially with cams.

The Basic Gforce ecu(just raises redline) is like $700; and the full (ignition/fuel maps/rev limiter) is like $1500. I ordered the Aem Stanalone ECU for $1300. Less money, more features, easily tunable and plug and play--progress is awsome.

From what I understand, the engine can be reved to 8000 rpm pretty safely. Most G-forces are set at either 7800rpm or 8200rpm. If you are running really high boost preasures; there is a chance of valve float with the stock valve springs. Crower makes a set of titanium ones with retainers for like $500 i think. With these, I think 9500rpm can be reached safely. Although, I don't think the auxilliary belt driven equipment will like 9500rpm. I definately think you outta push the envelope. Get a T72 81 a/r, like SW and a standalone(aem, haltech). The Greddy T88 is slightly smaller than the t72. the t78 is like a T66 and the T88 is like a T70. The Turbonetics T76 is the biggest. But this is really too big for the supra. I believe SW's car initially had one but changed to a T72 because it made more power.

Me? My car will be in the shop for a month. SP74, Aem Ecu, SP tranny, 180hp direct port, Na rear brakes, 27-9-15 slicks will hopefully equal a low 9 sec timeslip. I'll see you at the East cost MEET and if you haven't by then----I'll teach that LPE a lesson for you.

Later

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Basic Gforce ecu(just raises redline) is like $700; and the full (ignition/fuel maps/rev limiter) is like $1500. I ordered the Aem Stanalone ECU for $1300. Less money, more features, easily tunable and plug and play--progress is awsome.
Me? My car will be in the shop for a month. SP74, Aem Ecu, SP tranny, 180hp direct port, Na rear brakes, 27-9-15 slicks will hopefully equal a low 9 sec timeslip. I'll see you at the East cost MEET and if you haven't by then----I'll teach that LPE a lesson for you.

BLK SP,

Holy shit your car is going to be FAST!!! What is a SP-74 good for? I have never heard of that turbo. You should be trappin 155 soon!

I did race the LPE-C5 TT again from 10-100 and he beat me by 1/2 car. His car is quick! Low 10s on radials!

What happens if I get the cheaper Gforce? Will my HP curve fall w/o the upgraded maps? Also I think I have the P trim T66 (how do I check?)...what is involved in switching to the Q-trim? Heard the Q trim makes 100 more peak Torque.

<<The Basic Gforce ecu(just raises redline) is like $700; and the full (ignition/fuel maps/rev limiter) is like $1500.

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
What's the big deal about lag? Downshifting will eliminate that problem 99% of the time:) Anyone know what the PHR Stage 2+ turbo is equivilant to?

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
The impeller wheel is 66.4 mm (or thereabouts).
Peter

VETKILR said:
What's the big deal about lag? Downshifting will eliminate that problem 99% of the time:) Anyone know what the PHR Stage 2+ turbo is equivilant to?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts