Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched this already but did not find a very clear answer

Approximately how much hp can I get with a T66 turbo on a turbonetics cast manifold on stock fuel, 93 octane, fuel pressure regulator, safc2, full 3 inch exhaust, manual boost controller, hks type s or maybe a 3 row, automatic, bcc, nothing really special, oh probably a 4k stall but that really wont matter for hp

what about on race gas?

not looking for an exact number, just an approximation

i heard a t66 is pretty close to a t78, i saw one put down close to 500rwhp but im not sure if he didnt have fuel, not sure if it matters at 500rwhp, i know he had a safc and was a 6 speed though

S

·
0 Posts
99YellowStang said:
I searched this already but did not find a very clear answer

Approximately how much hp can I get with a T66 turbo on a turbonetics cast manifold on stock fuel, 93 octane, fuel pressure regulator, safc2, full 3 inch exhaust, manual boost controller, hks type s or maybe a 3 row, automatic, bcc, nothing really special, oh probably a 4k stall but that really wont matter for hp

what about on race gas?

not looking for an exact number, just an approximation

i heard a t66 is pretty close to a t78, i saw one put down close to 500rwhp but im not sure if he didnt have fuel, not sure if it matters at 500rwhp, i know he had a safc and was a 6 speed though
About 510rwhp at 19psi

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
i dont know anything about what it will do on stock fuel but assuming you have fuel (i dont know if you care or not now)

on an auto through a cast manifold...im just gonna throw a number out there and say 650ish...on an auto with a tubular header you could probably get like 675ish (talking wheel). and of course this is race gas. on pump gas you could probably put down in the neighborhood of 500... i dont know if you would need to have fuel or not.

honestly with that high of a stall i think that the extra lag from a tubular header would be non-existant, but the power gains, would definitely be worth the upgrade. just my .02

Mark

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I had my SP66 rigged up to a 100% stock fuel and air sensing with 3 inch turbo back.. wideband ect.. I ran like a 1.5-1.6 bar on race gas trapped at 119.88 with a messed up 2nd o2 sensor doing 10.5-10.9 ar under boost all the way down.

I dynoed at 490rwhp on pump gas and 1.2-1.3 bar. Stock fuel I hear is good to approx 500rwhp maybe more if you really tune it.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
easy solution = derek's injection kit :cool:

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
LYTLdiablo said:
easy solution = derek's injection kit :cool:
lol,

1.5-1.6 bar dude? lets be reasonable thats pushing it on stock fuel!

Brett

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
i do believe you quoted the wrong person ;)

the funny thing is that he said on stock fuel he was getting a/fs of like 10.5-10.9...thats RICH, lean that baby out and get some more power!

but i agree 1.6 bar is a bit much for stock fuel....

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a question, if I had a wastegate, the turbo, and the manifold, and someone that can make the downpipe and intake pipe for the turbo, how hard would it be to make my own single turbo kit? like would i be able to buy all the lines for it, like oil lines, etc or am i missing something big here?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Single w/stock fuel

It will depend on some of your variables. Are you running an aftermarket intercooler? Any electronics at all (i.e. VPC, etc.)? Typically, I have heard of 490-510 rwhp completely stock, but recently, I spoke to a guy who made 530 rwhp with an SP63, but don't know if he added a fuel pump or not. If you are going to try it, just be careful and do it at a dyno where you have access to a wideband. If you are able to do so, add a second fuel pump (or install one larger pump, such as the Bosch that is used on the 911 twin turbo [good for 700 hp], fuel damper bypass line (a must even if you do not do a pump), and a high-flow inline fuel filter.

If you do a better pump system (one more stock one or a larger single version), filter, and fuel damper bypass, you could get 550 rwhp or so. The only other thing that you may want to consider doing in the future is run a -6 line to your fuel rail (drill a hole in the front and weld in a -6 fitting) to add volume, and add a Cartech regulator. The -6 line needs to be done regardless, but if you do a VPC and fuel computer combo, you won't need to do the Cartech regulator. The regulator is only about $250-$300 new. Actually I know a guy selling one for $175 if you are interested. I have seen guys make 600 rwhp with stock injectors going this route.

In the meantime, get the fuel damper bypass taken care of, and make sure the car is on the dyno when you try it.

Dan

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I don't think it helps make more peak power. Being helpful and not being a hiderance are two different things. I think the cast manifold won't be helpful.

Renar said:
I don't think cast manifold is of any restriction at these HP levels.

·
In front of you
294 Posts
I don't think it is helpful for making more power either, but it sure will help decrease lag a bit. DE states for it not being a restriction until 700RWHP, i think this number is more like 600RWHP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts