Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any1 explain why more people use a t66 rather then a t78 turbos. i really wanta know what the bads and goods are with both of these bad boys
thanks
mike

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe it is because they allow themselves to believe that the 78 in T 78 means the same thing as the 66 T66....and it does not, different measurements. They are very close to one another, both will max out in the 700 rwhp range and trap around 140.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well which one is a better performing turbo. for you car did you need nos to get that 10 sec run?. which 1 would you consider

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is hard to say which is "better". I chose the T78....no nos on that run or any other run of mine to date.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Congrats on that time w/o Nos Angel, I was wondering how you were doing.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Robert....I was o0ut of it for quite some time and just recently got bacl in to it :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And just for reference the T88 that I will be switching to is very close to the Turbonetics T70 in size, so still not that big of a turbo.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Angel, what are all the modifications on your car. I am asking because I have the T-78 too but with stock cams and ecu. I am hoping for ~650. What do you think?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will not be running NOS any time in the near future. I won't need it for the reasons you might think....I have already launched the T88 on my car and it did a 1.60 the first time and kept getting better :) With that being said, I may run it once I have reached the limits of the T88 and need some more topend. I think the T88 should give me at least 4-6 mph and that I can land solidly in the nines if it all comes together. I know that the T78 can take me into the nines, it just won't be very far into the nines :(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turbomkiv said:
Angel, what are all the modifications on your car. I am asking because I have the T-78 too but with stock cams and ecu. I am hoping for ~650. What do you think?

You can do that for sure as I did 666 rwhp and 641 rwtq with the stock cams and that is not the upper limit.

See www.titanmotorsports.com for my list of mods.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
damn Bud... did u finally rob that bank you were thinking about... You must have with all of these new toys you keep on getting... So what are you going to do about those two child seats? How are u going to fix that on your GSX .... wait I see... you want to be the first 9 second six speed with 2 child seats in the back? J/K bud.. awesome runs like always and i look forward to quicker and faster times... Sometime i truly wonder what they feed those kids in Puerto Rico that makes them shift so fast :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ryan, when does a T66 come in full boost?

I really want to learn more about a t66 and how it compares to the T04R

·
Huge Member
75 Posts
The dual ball bearing option

I'm between a T66 with the dual ball bearing option from Innovative Turbo Systems or a T78. The T78 kit is definitely a cheaper way to go, compared to buying an HKS manifold, install parts and wastegate for the BB T66. However, I'm considering the BB T66 option because I think the dual ball bearing cartridge might allow quicker spool (meaning, 300 to 400 rpm) over the T78 but deliver the same power, and that might be worth it to me. I am aware that the A/R ratio plays a much bigger role in when the turbo will begin to make boost, compared to the friction element in the cartridge, however, I have been 'told' the dual ball bearing will nonetheless allow a quicker spoolup.

Does anyone have any DIRECT experience with the dual ball bearing cartridge and can comment on how well it works (as it applies to allowing a quicker spool up time?)

Does anyone have any comments on comparing these turbos in terms of their longevity?

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
:cool: :beer:
sidwin said:
damn Bud... did u finally rob that bank you were thinking about... You must have with all of these new toys you keep on getting... So what are you going to do about those two child seats? How are u going to fix that on your GSX .... wait I see... you want to be the first 9 second six speed with 2 child seats in the back? J/K bud.. awesome runs like always and i look forward to quicker and faster times... Sometime i truly wonder what they feed those kids in Puerto Rico that makes them shift so fast :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts