Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been debating going single, and I probably will this coming winter. My question is, would a T67 w/.68 be able to get into the 9's? Also, theoretically how much HP would it take to dip into the 9's? I dont want to totally give up drivability with a large turbo, but it would be nice to get a 9 second timeslip even if it only is a 9.999.

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,740 Posts
It can be done. I think Marko hit 9s with an SP63 and nitrous. It really depends on the set up. If you're going with the TH400 then I would say definately.

Steve K.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is what I plan on running. Either SP or BL T67 .68 a/r, Built Toyota tranny w/3800 Stall, BL Fuel, VPC/S-AFC or GCC, & 264 Cams.

Jason

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
It is more than possible. :)

Marko went 9.83 with a VPC setup, stock intake manifold, Toyota auto trans, an SP61 and a 150-shot.

Jerry Vodden almost hit 9's. He went 10.1 with a VPC setup, stock intake manifold, stock head, stock cams, Toyota auto trans, and an SP63 with no nitrous.

·
Registered
504 Posts
X-man said:
I ran my 5 spd 88/7m-gte with an SP67 with a .68 p trim in the 1/8th for the first time two nights ago on a new track in Radford,Va. The car weighs 3380 without me in it or 3610 with me in it and has 3.90 gears in it. I ran at 19 psi or 500rwhp/475 rwtq on the dyno at 11.7 a/f's. Now for the stuff to laugh at, I ran two runs and the first was a 9.43 at 87.9 mph with a 2.62 60 ft and the second was a 8.92 at 91.7 mph with a 2.46 60 ft. This was on 255/50 16 street tires( Falkens) and launched the first time at 3500 rpm and the second at 3000 rpm and shifted at 6500 rpm. These speeds would indicate a high 7 sec run in the 1/8th with traction in the first 60 ft,of course a driver worth a damn, and maybe a high 11 to low 12 in the quarter. I would guess it could get to the 9's with a higher redline, more boost and most importantly someone who can drive.

Dude, :wtflol: If you just wanted to tell everybody about your runs the other night why not just start a new thread?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Jerry Vodden almost hit 9's. He went 10.1 with a VPC setup, stock intake manifold, stock head, stock cams, Toyota auto trans, and an SP63 with no nitrous.
You might want to double check that because I seriously doubt it was done without the use of lots of nitrous. Nitrous changes everything. Hell with enough nitrous you can run a 9 on the stock twins (a couple times). The quickest non-nitrous pass on a Toyota auto was done by Val using a T67 with 264s and it was that time you state. I keep up with this sh#t man. ;)

John H

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
To go along with what Fyrarms has already said. Val ( vntperformance) went 10.05 letting off just before going through the traps due to a boost spike. This was with a BL67 .68 a/r, 264 cams, vpc, bl auto. I'm sure he'll chime in at some point.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
X-man said:
I ran my 5 spd 88/7m-gte with an SP67 with a .68 p trim in the 1/8th for the first time two nights ago on a new track in Radford,Va. The car weighs 3380 without me in it or 3610 with me in it and has 3.90 gears in it. I ran at 19 psi or 500rwhp/475 rwtq on the dyno at 11.7 a/f's. Now for the stuff to laugh at, I ran two runs and the first was a 9.43 at 87.9 mph with a 2.62 60 ft and the second was a 8.92 at 91.7 mph with a 2.46 60 ft. This was on 255/50 16 street tires( Falkens) and launched the first time at 3500 rpm and the second at 3000 rpm and shifted at 6500 rpm. These speeds would indicate a high 7 sec run in the 1/8th with traction in the first 60 ft,of course a driver worth a damn, and maybe a high 11 to low 12 in the quarter. I would guess it could get to the 9's with a higher redline, more boost and most importantly someone who can drive.
I find it funny how you run 8.92 and 9.43 in the 1/8th, then by the end of your post that somehow translates into 9s in the 1/4. I ran quicker than an 8.92 in the 1/8th when my MKIV was bone stock. Your times translate to mid 13s and 14s in the 1/4 with those two passes. 9s are sorta quicker. :)

John H

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
You Rang!!!!! :agreed:

Yea, I ran a [email protected] w/1.609 60ft.

This was with a BL67 w/.68AR Exhaust Housing, Stock Intake, 264 Cams, and gforce/bcc/vpc/safc, and I let off at the 1k foot mark due to overboost.

I surely :) think you can hit 9s with it.
vnt

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
vntperformance said:
You Rang!!!!! :agreed:

Yea, I ran a [email protected] w/1.609 60ft.

This was with a BL67 w/.68AR Exhaust Housing, Stock Intake, 264 Cams, and gforce/bcc/vpc/safc, and I let off at the 1k foot mark due to overboost.

I surely :) think you can hit 9s with it.
vnt

What boost were you running? 2 bar?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Evill Supra said:
It can be done. I think Marko hit 9s with an SP63 and nitrous. It really depends on the set up. If you're going with the TH400 then I would say definately.

Steve K.
If your going with a TH400 I would say use a lot of nitrous because it robs a lot of power.

Ideally for a 67 use a Toyota auto or stay 6 speed (a turbo 350 would be a better pick)

A TH400 is for larger turbo's unless you use a lot of nitrous, I'm not saying it can't be done its just not ideal.

A TH400 would be the hardest tranny to get into the 9's with a 67 (no NOS).

·
Registered
504 Posts
X-man said:
I guess I wasted space with info I thought might be relevant to the subject in the original post question with some facts to back it up. What is your excuse?
How is extrapolating a 9 second timeslip from 8.92 and 9.43 1/8 mile times relevant? I think you mean "retarded" Big difference. Oh wait, you did say with some "better driving." My bad :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
What boost were you running? 2 bar?
On that pass, right around 32lbs.

Brown Duckz What kind of power are people making with the T67/race gas? I was right at 642rwhp on 30lbs on c16 w/TC unlocked.

vnt ;)

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
T78supra said:
If your going with a TH400 I would say use a lot of nitrous because it robs a lot of power.

Ideally for a 67 use a Toyota auto or stay 6 speed (a turbo 350 would be a better pick)

A TH400 is for larger turbo's unless you use a lot of nitrous, I'm not saying it can't be done its just not ideal.

A TH400 would be the hardest tranny to get into the 9's with a 67 (no NOS).
i disagree... you have nitrous and a bigger turbo and still have'nt run 9's :dunno: toyota trannies still dont shift as quick as th400's and the power absorbtion(which who really knows the difference until someone logs rpm vs driveshaft rpm, which would still be off between the 2 because of converter differences) is not really relavant in my eyes when comparing the two.. if you have the wrong converter for either set-up your shit wont be as fast as it should theoretically be....there are plenty of people with toyota trannies and more power then me going slower then i went at 24 psi :dunno: and by no means is my car a drag only car and its heavy as hell(3750lbs with me in it)

if you have a 6spd, i dont see it happening..
jay

·
Boost Junkie
12,740 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Jay!

Your the person I was thinking about when I said-"it is all in the set up". I think you'll be the one to do it.

Steve K.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts