Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a T67GTQ with the Anti- surge compressor cover? What are your impressions? Is the whistle sound as loud as the T71 T72? Please post your Dyno numbers with cast or tubular manifold?:)

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
TT BomB said:
Ditto, but also want to hear from someone running the 67 p-trim too.
Thanks
That is what I am running. I just got the rail and injectors in one week ago. Feels much better now!!!:D As far as my passes at the track with it so far...it is in my sig. Only tried 20psi with it since I had stock injectors/rail.

Later

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It sounds cool. I don't know what the Sp71 sounds like but my CTC67H GTQ sounds like people are talking with the airplane whirr. :)

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silvino said:
It sounds cool. I don't know what the Sp71 sounds like but my CTC67H GTQ sounds like people are talking with the airplane whirr. :)
Thanks silvino! finally I got a answer on the sound aspect of the 67 with anti-surge comp housing!!!!:cool:
Can you post your most recent dyno? Also are you using a 3 or 3.5" downpipe? Cast or tubular manifold? Seriously considering this set up with a 3.5" downpipe. Is there much lag difference{67GTQ .68a/r} compared to a T63 .68 a/r P trim?
:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't even know there was an anti surge cover made for the 67, and after owning a 67 for the past 6 months I honestly don't see a need for one. I have tried everything to see if I can get it to surge and it wont. I have had it in 4th, 5th, even 6th gear on the highway at low rpm's >3000 rolled into it and floored it and it has never surged. I had a 70, and 71 prior to this 67 and you could never do that with them especially the 70 it was terrible. So unless your just looking for the sound effect I don't think this is anything I would spend any extra money on :dunno:

Jesse
PT-67GTQ

Ps these are all Precision turbos I'm speeking of.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts

Essentially the whp on this dyno is 26psi since I didn't hold 30 psi until redline due to wg issues. The torque number is right for 30 psi though. This is with the RPS big torque header so it's a bit laggier and adds a bit of top end.

randy said:
Thanks silvino! finally I got a answer on the sound aspect of the 67 with anti-surge comp housing!!!!:cool:
Can you post your most recent dyno? Also are you using a 3 or 3.5" downpipe? Cast or tubular manifold? Seriously considering this set up with a 3.5" downpipe. Is there much lag difference{67GTQ .68a/r} compared to a T63 .68 a/r P trim?
:)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The anti surge we're talking about avoiding is at part throttle. This is why the makers of this configuration made this turbo, to avoid part throttle surge which hardly anyone cares about except road racing folks. My T66 rocked for spool but surged badly at part throttle acceleration.

Villain said:
I didn't even know there was an anti surge cover made for the 67, and after owning a 67 for the past 6 months I honestly don't see a need for one. I have tried everything to see if I can get it to surge and it wont. I have had it in 4th, 5th, even 6th gear on the highway at low rpm's >3000 rolled into it and floored it and it has never surged. I had a 70, and 71 prior to this 67 and you could never do that with them especially the 70 it was terrible. So unless your just looking for the sound effect I don't think this is anything I would spend any extra money on :dunno:

Jesse
PT-67GTQ

Ps these are all Precision turbos I'm speeking of.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
silvino said:

Essentially the whp on this dyno is 26psi since I didn't hold 30 psi until redline due to wg issues. The torque number is right for 30 psi though. This is with the RPS big torque header so it's a bit laggier and adds a bit of top end.
Thanks for the info dude! Are you running a 3 or 3.5" downpipe? Would the larger downpipe like 3.5" or 4" help spool the 67 earlier? I am currently running HKS ti so do you think it be benificial? Are you able to get a good launch with this turbo? Meaning If I ran to about 100mph against a SP63 P.68 would I get owned? :D

·
Registered
691 Posts
these 67's you guys are talking about, do they use the same dp/mp as a sp74?.. thanks, brian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Silvino, sorry I should have explained it better then just saying I got no surging when I roll into it or go full throttle. I mean in every type of driving situation I have never gotten it to surge. Are you saying yours did surge before you got the anti surge cover with a .68 housing on it?

I know on the 70 I had the surging was less of an issue when I went up from the .68 to the .81. I still haven't tried running the .68 on the new 67 turbo so maybe it would surge then. Thanks for your feedback.

Jesse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts