Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy miss shifted the first two runs and the third run i didn't break boost cause i didn't think he really wanted to go again. all three runs where from his 50 roll and we didn't even do my 70 roll cause i was pretty sure i'd leave him, the rematch was supposed to be last night with a better driver for the cobra and from my 70 roll but they broke an axel so they were no show. enjoy the video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Supra-VS-Whipple-Cobra_680827.htm

· Registered
7,567 Posts
Ok I'd say you won the first race, what happened with the second run, and the results of the third run? It was cut short lol, did he win the last one?

· Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the third run was the best run cause he didn't mis shift but i didn't break boost. my camera man was also scared to record cause of a turn up ahead, i'd say the last 1 was even but if i had break boosted then i'm sure i would have won, the second run he mis shifted

· Registered
1,257 Posts
How much boost are you pushing and how much are you putting to the ground?

· Registered
356 Posts
nice runs. a buddy of mine has a 3.4 whipple on his cobra. he put down 650whp at 20psi, the 3.4 whipple you ran had a smaller pulley looked like a 3.5" which should be good for 25-26psi. did he tell you what numbers he put down? i think you would have pulled up top more if you guys kept in it on the 3rd run. what speed were you at on the 3rd run before it was cut off?

· Registered
1,257 Posts
i made about 27psi or 28psi on those runs, c16. at 30 psi i make 771rwhp according to keen at BL on c16, never felt that on the streets though, traction issues. i'm on the BFG DR's. aem ems, fuel, tuned by justin from TC
I am sorry but if you are pushing out that kind of power you should have crushed him.. I might sell my Supra if that Whipple Cobra with slicks beat you like he did in the second run.. To me his car was faster then yours. A 700whp Supra should have crushed a 650whp Cobra..

· Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^to bad i wasn't making my max boost for any of those runs, on that second run i would have walked away from him in 4th gear but HE fuked up, maybe you should sell your car, make sure to get enough money for a trailer like his though. oh and some extra money for the broken axel also =)

· Registered
1,257 Posts
^^^to bad i wasn't making my max boost for any of those runs, on that second run i would have walked away from him in 4th gear but HE fuked up, maybe you should sell your car, make sure to get enough money for a trailer like his though. oh and some extra money for the broken axel also =)
A trailer like his?? What are you saying that because he doesn't DD his Cobra he should be that fast? I have a T-72 that probably puts down between 485 to 540 to the wheels on 93 pump depending on what I am boosting at the time but a 03-04 Cobra is like throwing a brick in the air. The aerodynamics on the Cobra are horrible but for some reason in that video that Cobra looked like he was pulling you which I just can't understand. On race gas I put down stupid power way more then 650whp but even if you were putting down 650whp and so was he you should still have walked him. I can understand that his boost is instant b/c of the roots blower but now that I know you were on race gas which I thought you were on pump I am really stumped...

· Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A trailer like his?? What are you saying that because he doesn't DD his Cobra he should be that fast? I have a T-72 that probably puts down between 485 to 540 to the wheels on 93 pump depending on what I am boosting at the time but a 03-04 Cobra is like throwing a brick in the air. The aerodynamics on the Cobra are horrible but for some reason in that video that Cobra looked like he was pulling you which I just can't understand. On race gas I put down stupid power way more then 650whp but even if you were putting down 650whp and so was he you should still have walked him. I can understand that his boost is instant b/c of the roots blower but now that I know you were on race gas which I thought you were on pump I am really stumped...
well now i know why you would want to sell your car... T72 and only 485-540hp, i make 601RWHP ON PUMP @18psi and 771rwhp on c16 @30psi. WITH MY T-71!! give justin a call little brother, cause it sounds like you on race gas would give me a good run on pump. allow me to school you, the reason he jumped out infront of me is cause we did his 50 roll which forced me to break boost through my lag, had he not fuked up then yes i'm sure i would have started pulling in 4th. now correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like most races are like that for supras, when the opponent wants thier sweet spot then you have to make up for it...... unless you spray or break boost threw lag maybe

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.