Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever dyno with a T72 with and without cams? I was curious how much power they would add. I'm thinking about getting some 264's. If it'll make a huge diff I'll get them right away, otherwise I'll probably wait awhile. I'm not looking to make more than 700-750rwhp right now, but I want to make more power per psi. If anyone has any good t72 dynos or comparisons, please post them. Thanks!

-Paul

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
Eh Paul!
I would definately put some 264s in the car with a 72mm turbo. In between 650 and 700 rwhp, the stock cams really kill the possibilities of high HP. The 264s will allow you to make more power without adding too much lag. I suggest you take a look at moreboost.org for comparisons. I know you are really good with the AEM tuning, might as well take advantage of it by using the right components around the turbo!

-Olivier

·
666 Posts
The key is to match up components properly... What's the use of having ~800RWHP of turbo if the stock cams run out at ~700RWHP max. 264/264 cams have seem to be beneficial from BPU to 74mm turbo cars and up to about 8k rpm's. Over the big 74's I think 272/272's are better. (Too bad JUN or HKS didn't make 268's)

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
The difference between stock cams and cams in my car was rediculous. Tons more power without any more lag. 264/272 cams. But if i did it again id go 272/272

greg

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, Lar... if you want to hook me up with all that stuff for free it would be great! I'll even put your sticker under my hood! Every time I buy one thing, people are tryin' to get me to buy another 10 things to go with it lol. It never ends. I think I'll probably get some 264/272's... I want a lot of power but I want a decent power curve for the street.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yo paul, knowing how much you hate lag, i think 272/272 is a little bit too aggressive for the street with a t72. try to find out if anyone has 264/272 dyno sheets, i'm sorta curious to see if the difference in spool will be worth the extra power...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks. That would be great. $1000 is a little more than I'm wanting to spend right now, but if they'll add a good amount of power in the 500-650rwhp range then I'd definitely consider them..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are the benefits of running 164/272 with his 72?

Who else is using crower? Is there anything wrong with using them on the supra?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the benefit of running HKS 264Intake/272Exhaust?

Will you get better spool with the stock cams? I know you get more topend power when you upgrade but I was just curious.

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
I actually have the HKS 272 cams.
But I've just bought the 301 CROWER cams .

I'll test them both at they dyno and I'll show compared results!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
AtomicFabio said:
I actually have the HKS 272 cams.
But I've just bought the 301 CROWER cams .

I'll test them both at they dyno and I'll show compared results!
dont those cams have like 11.5 mm of lift? wow...and to think 10 causes the 2jz to become an interference engine. :)

i want to see these results.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
MADMKIV said:
The key is to match up components properly... What's the use of having ~800RWHP of turbo if the stock cams run out at ~700RWHP max. 264/264 cams have seem to be beneficial from BPU to 74mm turbo cars and up to about 8k rpm's. Over the big 74's I think 272/272's are better. (Too bad JUN or HKS didn't make 268's)
Has it been proven that 264/264 works better with a medium sized turbo (like my 67) than staggered like 264/272???

Thanks!
Andrew

·
666 Posts
Until someone posts back to back dyno results we won't know...

bad94sup said:
Has it been proven that 264/264 works better with a medium sized turbo (like my 67) than staggered like 264/272???

Thanks!
Andrew

1 - 20 of 20 Posts