Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my T78 and am running stock IC, AVC,VPC, and main cat to the shorty dp.. I also put in the lighter spring in the wastegate, it runs 10psi. The car is pretty damn slow at 10psi, is this true for other T78 owners?
I want to run 14-15psi so I turned the allen key bolt on top of the wastegate almost all the way in, and it only raised it maybe 1psi. Is the Type-R wastegate different than most in that respect? I really don't want to hook up the avc-r until I get fuel in fear of boost spikes.
I have to say that this kit is VERY complete and I am totally satisfied with it.

thanks
Roger

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vpc/afc

I hardwired my VPC in, but this is how you connect both of them..

ECU/stock wiring harness wires:

RPM wire (green, pin 58)
power (red, 31)
MAF signal (yellow, 66)
ground (black, 69)
throttle (grey, 43)

VPC wires:

MAF signal out (yellow)
Power (red)
Ground (black)
RPM signal in (white)

S-AFC wires:

RPM in (green)
Throttle in (grey)
MAF out (yellow)
MAF in (white)
Ground1 (brown)
Ground2 (black)
Power (red)

You splice the VPC and S-AFC ground and power wires
in the stock harness ground and power.

You splice the VPC and S-AFC RPM wires into the
stock harness RPM wire.

You splice the S-AFC throttle wire into the stock
harness throttle wire.

You connect the VPC MAF out wire to the S-AFC MAF in
wire.

You CUT the stock harness MAF wire and connect the
S-AFC MAF out wire to the side leading TO the ECU. Leave the other end insulated w/ black tape.

Does anyone know what's up w/ the Type-R wastegate? Doesn't
it increase the boost when you screw the allen bolt in on the top?
Mine increased like 1psi :(

good luck

Roger

·
Registered
286 Posts
Roger,
didn't you say in another post that you left the top port of the wastegate open??? Is so then that is why you can not run any higher than what you are getting. If you put a T in the line going from the turbo to the wastegate side and then run a hose from the T to the top of the WG, then you will see max boost from that spring....which should ~15-16psi
SH
T78

·
Registered
342 Posts
Roger, thanks for the VPC +AFC wiring. I think my wirings are wrong. Sorry I can't help you with the wastegate problem. I have an AVC-R. It seems to hold boost fine (1.95 bar)

A

·
0 Posts
HoustonSC300 said:
If you put a T in the line going from the turbo to the wastegate side and then run a hose from the T to the top of the WG, then you will see max boost from that spring....which should ~15-16psi
Houston....have you ever done this? Because I'm 100% sure that doing what you described above would mean the wastegate will NEVER open. He will boost to the sky and then something will go boom. A good cheap method involves a simple 0-15psi air pressure regulator. Here's how you do it:

M

·
0 Posts
Roger,

I used what AnArKey described and it worked great on my car. My regulator along with the rest of my kit is over there in NJ somewhere, you're welcome to use the regulator. I probably will not use it for a while, if at all again. You just have to be really careful adjusting it. I probably won't be using it for a while.

I would start out using the least amount of boost possible, then gradually and carefully increasing it.

Melvin

M

·
0 Posts
I got mine from McMaster Carr but I can't find the invoice. I know mine is a 25 psi regulator, made by a company called "Watts Fluidair". Their part number is "R25-01A". Sorry that's all I can provide at the time.

Melvin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts