Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on getting a T78 but it looks like I might be able to get a T04R in my price range. I can't find any details on the kit though. Full DP? BOV included? If anyone has any info or experience with the T04R let me know. I'm looking for 600 rwhp. Fuel sys is finished, new clutch is in and as soon as I get the roll bar welded I need to order one of these kits. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
well try
www.to4r.com

i never have been in a t78 yet but a to4r i have and its very sweet!

D

·
0 Posts
I have'nt been in a t04r car, But i have been in a t78 and all i could do was this:eek:

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
Here are some pics of the T04R install that I did on my 94:

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/hks_t04r/index.html

It has some pretty good pics of the many details of the kit - From the turbine heat shield to the small heat shield on the outlet of the compressor side of the turbo too.

It has a full downpipe from the turbo to the front flange point of the second stock cat. Front that point you can simply use the HKS midpipe which then will bolt up to any exhaust.

The GT wastegate dumps back into the downpipe to keep all exhaust flow out through the back, but can be routed to dump out to atmosphere with relative ease.

The kit is very complete, except does not come with a BOV, it is left up to the user to decide which BOV and where they want it.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help ya.

Will

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
You can run this kit with stock fuel. I ran it on stock injectors for a short time. What you will need to do is limit boost to about 1.0 kg/cm2, which is the base setting for the GT wastegate that comes with the kit. As long as you keep the boost level at that, you should be fine. I would recommend a pump upgrade just to be safe. This is solution for one to "stage" or basically save up for the rest of the fuel upgrade.

As for the MAF, the intake pipe is 100mm (4in) and is a bit too big for use with the stock MAF. I guess you could get a reducer to get it to fit, but it isnt the most ideal set up for airflow.

I ran the kit using the stock injectors and VPC with the stock injector program. Finesse the VPC settings ( a GCC helps because it was a boarder RPM base) and you are set for the time being.

The phyically design of the kit, the piping goes into the pass side fender, you can use the stock ic if you needed to. But with any turbo upgrade, a FMIC is pretty much a given.

Hope that helps

Will

S

·
0 Posts
ya I know the FMIC is pretty much a must.. but assuming I can get a pipe made to fit the stock MAF, then by theory the car would run fine correct?

obviously Im asking becuase its easier to do these upgrades one by one instead of droping 10k at once..

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
The piping that the kit comes with will go up to the point of the stock plastic pipe that sits in the passenger fender.

so the simple answer :) is that yes you can use the stock IC. Sorry if I wasnt that clear on that at first.

I understand what you mean about doing it one by one.

I am beggining to feel it now on my second car. My old red ones upgrades where spread over time and I didnt feel the $ impact. But with this current car, I want it all and now! It i really am feeling it in the pocket.

Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts