Supra Forums banner

T78 Questions >>>

881 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  HoustonSC300 
#1 ·
Can the external wastegate on the Greddy T78 be routed back into the exhaust? I am wondering if it's position will allow it to do so b/c I would get a shop to cut and weld a pipe to it..

Also, can anyone with a T78 tell me why it would be a good turbo kit to go with? I am attracted to it b/c of it's price and it comes with everything needed for the install.
any info would be appreciated
regards
Roger

#2 ·
Roger,
IMO the T78 kit is a great kit, awesome quality and fitment. I installed mine about 2 weeks ago and I really like it. I have an auto, and I am atleat 1.5 bar by 4500 rpms....that's with one stock cat installed and stock MAF. I suggest you get the VPC first and then the turbo kit, b/c you will have to get it either way. But for 6-speed, it would be killer I think. I think the kit is really a bargain for the quality of it, compared to some other kits....RPS, etc. If you do get it, you will not be unsatisfied.
Good luck
SH

#3 ·
ive also got the kit and and very happy with it. everything fit perfect and it came with everything but a full length DP. it comes with a shorty that bolts up to the main cat though. ive got a 6-speed and it lag isnt an issue at all. from a dig you can tell its a more lag then stock (as expected) but when you go from a roll, as long as you pick the right gear, there isnt any lag. and when the power comes on, it comes like a mo fo.

as far as the wastegate, im sure that it "could" be done, it would take some custom work though. but why would you want to, it sounds awsome!

#4 ·
I agree with HoustonSC300 and gritsak. I have the GReddy T78 kit and I love it. Lag from a roll is of no issue at all. I even pulls harden then BPU++ with great top end power. It is easy to drive around what little lag you may have, just be in the right gear.

Last weekend I ran my friends Z28 convertible with a LT1 383 stroker motor that has a BIG cam and a Vortech pushing 10 pounds of boost. We ran twice from a roll. The 1st time we started out in 1st gear. He got the jump on me and it took me until the top of 2nd gear to pull on him. The 2nd time we ran we started from a 2nd gear roll and I just got him from the get-go. I put several cars on him with no problem.

It's an impressive turbo. I ran him on stock fuel at 1.2 bar.
I just can't wait until I upgrade my fuel system.

I wouldn't mind venting the wastegate back into the exhaust and geting a quieter exhaust. It is so loud when I get on it all of the police notice, but it does sound awsome!

Bob:beer:

G
#5 ·
WEST, so you can run a t78 on the stock fuel system??? i was always curious of that, do you atleast have a vpc?? what about a built motor? please let me know the mods other than the t78 kit you have on. i'm guessing, fmic, exhaust, dp, bc, 2 bovs.....
bigger injectors? thanks for any info. i'd really appreciate it if you would email me back on this, my email address is RBSTST@aol.com thanks

#7 ·
SH

Hmm.. ~800 C seems a little high b/c I was told that anything over 700 was bad ,but that was for BPU.. So for a single when you tap into the manifold, 800 is fine?

Thanks guys, you've all convinced me on the kit, I will order it soon and then do a custom job to route the external back into the exhaust..

thanks
Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.