Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wow, fun cars

t78 rx7 had 12 psi and all the goodies that go with a t78. 35-140 i pulled half a car at first, he regaind it and had a fender on me at the end. It was not running correctly or I would have gotten owned.

t66 rx7 had 15 psi and all the goodies as well. 50 punch, he spun at first haha and i pulled while he was spinning but by the time he hooked he had a car and a half about on me and was just owning me, if he wouldnt have spun it would have been a worse loss

bpu+fmic supra was running 15ish psi, same mods as me plus an apexi fmic. 40 punch to 140ish and i pulled a good two cars, he had problems with his second turbo coming online.

also a wrx with an upgraded turbo and a 120 shot i raced and just owned him but who cares about that.

good fun races and im happy with how well i kept up with the rex's even though they weren't running as well as they should be :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
t-errific!:cool:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he doesnt know, he is still on stock bov and he cant boost past 15. I had the same thing happen to me and i switched bov's and i hit 18 no prob, i was only at 17ish last night though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I own a rx7 myself...Your supra must be strong to even hang with that 2 single turbo FD's.

A friend of mine from the shop that does my work, has a 94 T78 supra with all the goodies to go with it...i think he made around 600 rwhp. From the same shop GT42R single turbo rx7 with all the supporting mods...in around 500 rwhp.
Rx7 had the supra by a few cars...

so your bpu to stay close like that! way to go!

A

·
0 Posts
boosted-fd said:
I own a rx7 myself...Your supra must be strong to even hang with that 2 single turbo FD's.

so your bpu to stay close like that! way to go!
Well you always have to keep in mind, that on the street anything can go. There are stronger BPU Supras and weaker ones, strong RX-7s, and weaker ones.

I know of some nice single turbo cars that haven't got all the bugs worked out of their system, which I have beat with my BPU mods as well ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know what you are saying...anything can go. They said the
T78 RX7 was only running 12 psi. So thats only like 400 rwhp. If it was on 20 psi then it would be a much differnt result.
Not to take away from the supra at all! Those supras are bad ass!

·
Registered
122 Posts
A T78 [email protected] is well below the effeciency range for it's compressor size. At 12psi, you are barely scratching the surface of potential of that turbo. The T78 for the FD really starts cooking around 18-20psi. I'd bet the FD with the T78 you ran was barely making 360RWHP at 12psi. At 18-20psi, most T78 FD's make around 450-475RWHP realistically. Xavier from RX7store.net has a properly running T78 FD. I think he was the one that ran against the 125 or 150 shot C5 vette kill video that was floating around SF for awhile. He also walked a lightly modded 03 SVT Cobra with his old setup as well. His is a good example of how a T78 FD should run.

S

·
0 Posts
Nice kill on the wrx, a little more work and you'll be taking out those pesky rotaries.:)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First off thanks for all the compliments.

I want to say that I am not claiming that i can hang with single turbo rx7's because i know they would own me. The one at 12 psi said hehit 390 rwhp, not sure about the 15psi one but he was walking me pretty steadily.

Just curious, you think i will be any faster with my fmic up top? I have heard controversy about that topic. Thanks

Mike

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
125 shot on a WRX?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i know i dont know what he was thinking, i saw the nitrous lines though???

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i've seen that rx7 around, i beleive it. Recently he just hit around 600 whp! He is on his 9th engine or something like that too. He raced a 500hp supra with a small shot to spool the turbo.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts