Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can obtain one of these and exactly what sizes they come in?

I heard they have .81 and .84 a/r.

A price would be nice as well.

Thanks.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man....i have a t78 with a .84 a/r....i had the unit specially oredered like that..im pretty sure greg over at gsc motorsports would be more than willing to help u out....their num is 843 852 2358!!

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Sell that old school technology turbo and get with the new, you know that turbo gets outspooled by everything out there. LOL :stickpoke

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Euphoric said:
Sell that old school technology turbo and get with the new, you know that turbo gets outspooled by everything out there. LOL :stickpoke
hey man....wat u said is rit....it is old school...but it works....pushrods r old school....doesnt the c6 use...vipers use....jus cause its old school doesnt mean it dont work...matter of fact it more reliable than any dbb turbos out there...look at the power house raing section n read up on the dbb turbo life thread....even jarrett himself says that dbb turbos dont last as long as standard bearing turbos...maybe u r jokin with ure friend but.....i jus felt like informing u better!!......by the way...that avatar of ures is hotttttttttttttt

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greg at gsc said he really likes the greddy kits. Says a lot of other kits (HKS in particular) have boost spike/wastegate issues. Says the .84a/r will give it several hundred rpm better spool and sacrifice very little on the top end.

I didn't have any probs with mine. Great fit, didnt have to grind header studs or fuck the wastegate in there. Had it for over two years and still scares the hell outta me!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
tell greg that yogi referred u to him......n i have the t78 with the .84 a/r.....no lag issues here man!! i love it!!

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
jdmuscle said:
tell greg that yogi referred u to him......n i have the t78 with the .84 a/r.....no lag issues here man!! i love it!!
I was always under the impression that you had a .81 a/r

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
2005 is the year of "downsizing" for a lot of T78 owners I think. Good stuff. :)

Steve T.

·
Registered
593 Posts
jdmuscle said:
hey man....i have a t78 with a .84 a/r....i had the unit specially oredered like that..im pretty sure greg over at gsc motorsports would be more than willing to help u out....their num is 843 852 2358!!
Interesting. check your PM. thanks!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey greg... i made over 500 at 15psi..on pump..... :)

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
the smaller exhaust housing helps spool the turbo quicker right?... are there any negative effects?

·
Registered
1993.5 White Turbo Supra
919 Posts
MANI009 said:
I was always under the impression that you had a .81 a/r
I had the .81 a/r mani.. they went wit the .84

1 - 20 of 23 Posts