Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you guys with T78 with stock fuel and Greddy Profec B Boost Controller. What are your boost settings.

I can't figure out how this boost controller works. The min-max knob on the Lo- Hi boost modes, is it that the more towards the max you turn the knob, the more boost you get or what. How many runs do you have run for the Profec to adjust?

I 've adjusted the wastegate spring all the way out. And I still can't get 17 psi limit using the boost controller. I have the blue spring, which I know people can get 18 psi limit. I don't know how to work the Profec B I guess. Please help my dumbass
:D

A

·
0 Posts
If you have stock fuel I'd recommend staying at 15psi or lower. I got the yellow spring, and you should too IMO. You won't be able to go any lower than 17psi or so with the blue spring, which is dangerous.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the yellow spring a couple of days ago. You see, even with the blue spring, I should be able to control max boost to 17 psi with the profec B. I am still seeing 20 psi. That's my prob. If I can't limit max boost, it won't really matter if I use the yellow or blue spring, I'll still be seeing 20 psi again.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you are not using any boost controller. You must have the yellow spring, right?

I am saving already for the titan motorsports fuel system. Don't know the price yet

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Usual R Suspex said:
So you are not using any boost controller. You must have the yellow spring, right?

I am saving already for the titan motorsports fuel system. Don't know the price yet
ive got a fuel system...i ran around for a month or two on stock fuel. i just left the spring that came with the kit in there(minimum 1.1 kg/cm) and just didnt get on it much, espcially past 3rd gear. i also have an egt to moniter so i had an idea of if i was getting into trouble. if i was onna run stock fuel for any long period of time i would get the yellow spring. and run about 13-14psi.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just run the wastegate spring that the kit comes with. Adjust it do that it only runs 1.1 bar. TAKE THE BOOST CONTROLER OFF!!!

A single can work with stock fuel you just have to have "self control" not just" boost control".

Wait til you get fuel than hook up the profec. your car will thank you for it.:)

-TY
T-78 (With Fuel)

A

·
0 Posts
No water cooling on T78. Most aftermarket turbos don't have water cooling. You can get it on certain turbos but only if you special order it. Many kits (HKS, Greddy) you plain can't get it. You could ask Powerhouse and SP if they have that option. I think Turbonetics turbos can be built that way.

Back to wastegate control, I use a yellow spring set to it's lowest (about 10-11psi). Then I use a 0-30psi air pressure regulator to raise the boost from there. The lower port on the wastegate gets a full boost reading, and the top port is limited to whatever the regulator is set at (regulator at 4psi the top port will only see a max of 4psi). The top port pushes the wastegate closed, with the bottom port pushing open. So your boost will be whatever the spring is set at + what the regulator is set at.

I should also note that I get my boost reading for the wastegate off the intercooler tubing just after the turbo. I had a 1/8" NPT bung welded on the pipe and used a brass tube fitting. This isn't needed, just a little better. I had it referenced off of the intake manifold for a long time and that was fine.

This boost controller costs about $20 and is rock solid. If you just want one boost setting all the time this is the best way.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anarkey, the $20 boost controller sounds like a nice temporary solution until I get the fuel system, but first I want to test the car with the profec B off to see how it goes. If not I'll contact you on how to get or make the $20 boost controller

So how do I disconnect the profec. I don't want to take everything off. Can't I disconnect a hose or wire or something to make it inoperable.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha.

Another dumb question. Turning the profec B off ( power off) won't help right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts