Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...i just dynoed my dawg.....she made 587rwhp and 478rwtq at 20psi and on pump gas....afr's were around 11.5~11.7.

@~15psi she made 516rwhp and 418rwtq.....on pump

i was just wondering why the torque was soo low compared to the hp...seen such differences only at higher numbers....oh well..very happy with the results!!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man.... :)

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
jdmuscle said:
hey guys...i just dynoed my dawg.....she made 587rwhp and 478rwtq at 20psi and on pump gas....afr's were around 11.5~11.7.

i was just wondering why the torque was soo low compared to the hp...seen such differences only at higher numbers....oh well..very happy with the results!!
hey yogi, i think the dynapacks that we dyno'd on read lower torque numbers compared to a dynojet.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
jdmuscle said:

Nice numbers, question...where did you get a .84 housing for a T78?

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
LYTLdiablo said:
Nice numbers, question...where did you get a .84 housing for a T78?
Ther ewas a thread somewhere recently about GSC offering to get one for another guy... I'll look for it.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NYC 93-2JZGTE said:
hey yogi, i think the dynapacks that we dyno'd on read lower torque numbers compared to a dynojet.
but when we dynoed at bpu levels....the torque seemed fine....maybe the quick spool in the stockers made a difference...

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
jdmuscle said:
but when we dynoed at bpu levels....the torque seemed fine....maybe the quick spool in the stockers made a difference...
not really....you only made decent torque when you made~430 after running very lean with overboosting. i forgot your exact number. tim and i made 390ish and 388 respectively. i think it shoulda been higher that especially considering the way our cars ran compared to yours @BPU.

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
we were all shocked and happy for yogi when we saw those numbers. what is the highest dyno number for a T-78 on a stock motor other than 264 cams @ 20psi?

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
20 psi on pump is a tad high IMO, but congrats nonetheless on the dyno runs.

Also, why did you post this in the Drag racing section!? :lol: ;) A Smod will probably move it. :)

-Olivier

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Olivier Caza said:
20 psi on pump is a tad high IMO, but congrats nonetheless on the dyno runs.

Also, why did you post this in the Drag racing section!? :lol: ;) A Smod will probably move it. :)

-Olivier
actually i posted it on the mkiv section...but it moved here...i think imma ask the moderators to move it to the dyno section....

my car has cams ....sp gen2 intake manifold n q45tb

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Nice work...can't wait to line up with ya in June!! :D

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
Very nice numbers but I agree the 20psi is pushing the token on pump gas.

D

·
0 Posts
Looks really good I love those numbers. I thought the T-78 can produce more Hp numbers than that or am I dreaming? How much hp @ the flywheel yogi?

-Dino

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
BDT-TT said:
Looks really good I love those numbers. I thought the T-78 can produce more Hp numbers than that or am I dreaming? How much hp @ the flywheel yogi?

-Dino
The numbers were done on lower boost, the turbo can hit 30+ psi but I am assuming he hasn't pushed it that far yet :)

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wouldnt know the flywheel hp numbers...for that the motor has to be out of the car.....the chart depicts the wheel horsepower!

thanks chevy for posting the dyno chart!!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts