Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this for NYC 93-2JZGTE. He made 499 hp and 465 tq on the T78 w/ .84 backhousing and 19 psi on a 50/50 93 pump and C16 mix. A boost control issue unfortunately limited any higher boost. This was on the same dynapack as jdmuscle on the same day. Stock intake and stock cams on this car, unlike jdmuscle's.

IMO, these are very good numbers considering that they are from a lower reading dynapack with a race gas mix on basically pump gas boost levels. Congrats Eric, 499 makes for a strong street car! :)

G

·
I think 499 is a great number IMO too. Also he got stock cams and stock intake. Throw on some cams and some intake maybe some nitrous some racegas you'll be seeing really high numbers :D. Congratulations Eric have fun with the baby :D.

-Dino

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
thanks brian! im a bit bummed i couldnt get the boost controller to raise boost, but at least im happy to know that that it isnt broke.

PS- numbers seem a bit low but i believe that to be the result of having too much octane. 5gals of c16 to 4-5 gals of 93 is too much for 19psi and it burns too slowly.

·
HIGH ON PSI
1,040 Posts
BDT-TT said:
I think 499 is a great number IMO too. Also he got stock cams and stock intake. Throw on some cams and some intake maybe some nitrous some racegas you'll be seeing really high numbers :D. Congratulations Eric have fun with the baby :D.

-Dino
thanks dino! i know i should be happy but i felt let down by the boost controller. all that c16 goodness for nothing..... :eek:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Numbers aren't low - it's the Dynapack. You cannot compare that to a Dynojet. It's a DAMN good dyno for tuning but the numbers will read lower than a Dynojet. Frankly, the numbers are probably more accurate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts