Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

If you owned T88 or T88H turbo kit, I would like to meet with you and check out your ride!
I am in West Covina, and we can meet somewhere if you like.

Thank you!

·
Registered
578 Posts
i own a t88 kit and they suck dont spend the $$$ on a junky trubo, but the new technology stuff youll lie it more in the end

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for the above advise....
I have some research and I think I am going with HKS turbo kit.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Noooooooo----dont Pay For An Overpriced Turbo---get A Precision Turbo Or Garret------all Hks Is ---is A Garret Turbo With Custom Hks Housings----trust Me I See This Stuff All The Time----unless You Want A Show Car Dont Go With Hks---they Are Good Turbos But You Spend Lots Of $$$ On The Hks Name---

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
whats wrong with the hks T51R kai? true the greddy turbo does suck and old technology. seto i can get you the hks t51rkai kit for about $4600, and it will come with the HKS T51Rkai, hks manifold, hks downpipe, and hks external wastegate.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nothing Is Wrong With The Hks Stuff Like I Said---you Are Just Over Paying For A Turbo----why Not Spend 1200-1500 On A Decent Turbo, 1200 On A Manifold---500 For A Good W/g, Get A Custom 4in D/p And Youll Have Spent As Much If Not Less Which Im Pretty Sure Will Be A Lot Less And Get A Better Turbo Than The T51r Kai---ive Seen That Setup On Numerious Cars And Im Not Impressed----trust Me----- First Off Have A Goal---600whp,700whp Or Maybe You Want 500whp But Want An Exceptionally Responsive Turbo---so Decide What Your Goals Are And Ill Help You Decide On What Turbo Is Right For You---

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
suprasucka said:
whats wrong with the hks T51R kai? true the greddy turbo does suck and old technology. seto i can get you the hks t51rkai kit for about $4600, and it will come with the HKS T51Rkai, hks manifold, hks downpipe, and hks external wastegate.
just curious hung, :wavey:
how much could u get a T04Z kit? just tryin to compare prices right now thanks!

·
Banned
770 Posts
T88 & T88H are not bad turbo kits. They are made for monster top end. For the price of these kits you can't beat.

Call me laggy, but I'll call you slow.

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
I have a friend in pasadena with a 93 supra and a T88H 6 speed, he is not too pleased with it, laggy as hell. hey suprachic i forgot your real name, can you PM me to remind me? i will chck it tomorrow night when i get home.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
terrorize said:
i own a t88 kit and they suck dont spend the $$$ on a junky trubo, but the new technology stuff youll lie it more in the end
The T88 is not that laggy. The "H" yes but not the 88. The 88 is good for 850 RWHP ish and 980-1000 for the H. I have run GReddy turbos for a few years and I think they are great. As far as newer "technology". It is only a few bearings and wheels It's not like it is some computer software LOL

I have never had any problems with my units. If I was local I would love to help you out.

I would like to see what you choose so keep us updated. :)

Duane

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the advise....

I saw that there is HKS T51R KAI and HKS T51R SPL.

Any words on both turbo??

·
Supraddict
1,158 Posts
NITECRUISER said:
Thank you all for the advise....

I saw that there is HKS T51R KAI and HKS T51R SPL.

Any words on both turbo??
The SPL is the biggest, worst responding turbo HKS sells, I believe it is a 76mm turbo...the KAI would be better suited for the street if its between the two, and will make upwards of 800 rwhp. I've read about bearing failure a lot on the SPL version, so watch out. A lot of people like the T51R series because they sound like jet engines :) I'd just get the T88H and have the most badass turbo right off the bat

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
I m T88H equiped. Who cares about LAG!

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,476 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
how does that differ from the TO4Z?
It has magical pixie dust. :1poke:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts