Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference of these 2 MONSTER Turbos?

ADVANTAGE & Disadvantages, if any???
--------------------------------------------------

ALSO,

What does the 1993 - 1998 (or 2002) fully stock Supra TT 6-Spd/4-Spd Auto run on Boost (PSi)???

I would REALLY like to know these things. Even though I already know SOOO MUCH on this car, I always let the "simple" things pass me by.

Thanks & Cheers,
Miller

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts

--------------------------------------------------

ALSO,

What does the 1993 - 1998 (or 2002) fully stock Supra TT 6-Spd/4-Spd Auto run on Boost (PSi)???

I would REALLY like to know these things. Even though I already know SOOO MUCH on this car, I always let the "simple" things pass me by.

Thanks & Cheers,
Miller

Judging from how you post, you obviously " Dont know to much " first off ,
T88/T88H isnt a Monster turbo, 2nd You shouldnt post how much You know and then ask a question and in return expect answers, you wont make it far on this forum :hay: and will get bashed, 3rd 10-11psi stock

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts

Thanks & Cheers,
Miller

Both T88 34D turbos use the same compressor wheel which is a 70mm inducer, are journal bearing and very reliable. They produce good horsepower but the H is rather lazy due to the fact that it's Turbine is almost as large as a GT47. The normal T88's turbine is slightly larger than a GT42 (aka PTE GT-S).

There is also a T88H-38GK which uses the same large turbine wheel as the T88H but instead of the normal T88 34D 70mm wheel it uses a larger 76mm compressor wheel better suited to its large turbine.

Furthermore there is a T88 33D which uses the 66mm compressor wheel found on 99 percent of the T78 cars in the US however it uses the same GT42 sized turbine.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
So would the 38GK produce comprable numbers to a 42-76?

·
Boost Junkie
12,623 Posts
Miller,

Read the FAQ in this forum and visit www.mkiv.com. These sites will help you gain knowledge on the Supra.

Steve

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Judging from how you post, you obviously " Dont know to much " first off ,
T88/T88H isnt a Monster turbo, 2nd You shouldnt post how much You know and then ask a question and in return expect answers, you wont make it far on this forum :hay: and will get bashed, 3rd 10-11psi stock
I mean MONSTER by the size. I wouldn't call it "petit". As for asking a question, I am ALWAYS curious. It would be REALLY stupid to say I KNOW EVERYTING. When in fact, nobody here (or anywhere) can know everything. Unless your Jay Leno!

But being 82, I'm sure you know just enough. :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Dont worry about it Miller:) I'm curious about the older Greddy turbos too!:wavey:

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
a t88h 34d should produce a max power of about 950rwhp, the 38gk should support about 1050rwhp. they are almost as laggy as a t6 turbo but wont make near the power, however for the price greddys are reasonable and the mitsubishi turbos they use will never fail.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
But with a penalty in spool correct?
Yes, it should be slightly more responsive than a GT4708 (47-80).

I agree with the above that it's a '1050ish' turbo in the right conditions. Definitely the most power you're going to get from a 'readily available' shelf 76mm turbo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts