Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this bothers anyone but search apparently doesnt work lol
anyways i remember a while back reading about putting 89+ taillights on a pre89 and jus wanted to double check to see how modification this requires..... i thought i remembered ''bolt on'' but someone please met me know thanx
dan

·
Will my Supra ever run?!!
276 Posts
I have 88 tail lights and 91 tail lights, and they are interchangeable... the only trick is that you NEED the center section for the lights you decided to use because they are different lengths.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
89+ needs one hole drilled on each side IIRC...

·
Take it!
996 Posts
If you get the JDM taillights your gonna have to drill 4 holes for the centerpiece to fit if your gonna use the lock mechanism on the JDM centerpiece. If you get USDM taillights there's only 2 holes to be drilled. IMO, not an easy mod to do...converting the taillights from pre89 to 89+ is tedious work to do it right, because your gonna have to take off the interior panels in the rear to get to the bolts holding the taillights. If you do change the taillights I would recommend buying brand new taillight gaskets from Toyota so that water never leaks into the taillight again.

Goooood Luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys was just making sure.... both taillights are already out so its drill and install for me :)....... also does anyone have any pics of there mk3 with shaved mouldings that go around the car?????? going to paint it but kinda wanna shave the mouldings so i donno opinion please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts