Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been wondering if my hatch pops up much more than normal when it is closed. Take a look at these pics and tell me if this is so. Excuse the ugliness of my car, I'm in the middle of the process painting my car RSP. :D

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
it looks open!
it should fit flush all around!

M

·
0 Posts
Where and how much are you getting your car painted for? Im also in california. Im also interested in doing this soon and im trying to get a gauge for price. Sorry to post off topic.

Mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do autobody work myself. Therefore I am doing it all. Anyone have ideas on how to fix my hatch?

M

·
0 Posts
My hatch also looked like that after I cut it in and put it back on.
It almost appears as if someone took it off at one time and failed to adjust it so that it would fit properly. Anyhow, It needs to be adjusted from the four bolts that hold it onto the body of the car.
Take care, Mike D.;)

M

·
0 Posts
Yes, If you work at a bodyshop, have one of the bodymen take a look at it for you.;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah I don't even work related to cars. Autobody is just something I know how to do, I took a class and learned a lot :)

M

·
0 Posts
Are you the original owner of the car? If not, previous owner might've shimmed the trunk to get rid of the body flex squeak. This is done by placing a spacer under the rubber trunk stops. My wingless trunk looks exactly the same as yours, I have used a 3mm spacer, on the lid side rubber stop. No more squeaks tho, so fuck the gap.

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts