Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i have owned my car for 3 years now and the only thing i real;ly really hate about the car is the cheezy white face gugus..i like the stock looking guages the best...
The previouis owner only did 2 mods to the car and they were a turbo timer and these cheezy white faces guages..

Now its time to take them off since i would like to repaint my dash peices and put crome bezels on the guages...
so i am asking here since the search functions seems to have dissapeared..

So i am pretty sure they are just overlays..so can anyone point me in the direction of a write up of taking the dash apart the correct way and pulling off the overlays??

Also does anyone know how to take off the e-brake handle...i would like to get a brand new factory leather one if possible,..i am going to buy a brand new shifter boot also and shift knob..

thanks
Ant

·
Registered
307 Posts
The work to be done is really simeple, and explained in the MKIV.com site. I have done that work about 5 times for other reasons, running wires for the gauge pod, BCC, Turbo Timer etc... the ONLY thing I AM REALLY careful about is the needles and not forcing the connections too much. One of the tech articles from MKIV.com suggests that there are some warning lights (those associated with the Odometer and the VSS) that are a pain to remove if some of the connections are pulled too hard when doing this work. Good luck though, I wanted to go for the Euro style and have not done so.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The work to be done is really simeple, and explained in the MKIV.com site. I have done that work about 5 times for other reasons, running wires for the gauge pod, BCC, Turbo Timer etc... the ONLY thing I AM REALLY careful about is the needles and not forcing the connections too much. One of the tech articles from MKIV.com suggests that there are some warning lights (those associated with the Odometer and the VSS) that are a pain to remove if some of the connections are pulled too hard when doing this work. Good luck though, I wanted to go for the Euro style and have not done so.
What is the difference between the euro guages and the US guages that i have now??

I was un-aware that there was a difference

Ant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts