Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i am probably going to take the advice and take off my muffler (in the mean time) instead of buying an exhaust system. I have a few questions though. There is the cat converter, the 2 resonators, and then the muffler. There are two pipes that both connect into the muffler from the split resonator pipes. Did you just unbolt the two pipes, and weld one tip off of the two pipes? How did you do this as far as the piping when you had the tip welded out the back? What diameter piping did you go with to weld out the back?Is the muffler the only thing you took off? Any other comments and suggestions would be great. Thanx! Oh yeah, and how does it sound?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yea, i just unbolted the where the flanges connect to the 2 pipes. I took it to Meineke and the guy took a Y shaped pipe, bolted it to the 2 pipes, and i just had them weld a tip on there. it sound great! It's kind of strange though. At a cold start you notice it a little b/c the revs are high at idle. When you drive it, you don't hear anything. Then once the car warms up it's very noticable. It's loudest points are from about 2500-4000 RPM. After 4k it's not as noticable. It's a very nice sound though. it's very smooth, it sounds like a performance car. I thought it was going to be annoying when i was planning to do this, but i'm extremly happy with this. I've been talking to a guy w/ a MKIV NA and he just took off the muffler and 2 resonators so i'm waiting for him to write me back to tell me about the sound. I'll post here what he says in case you'd rather do that b/c i'm sure it's a noticable performance jump. Anyways good luck. Hope you like it!! If you ahve any more questions let me know. Oh 1 more thing, an intake goes along really well w/ the no muffler.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of intake do you have? All i can find is the K&N filter

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Was the Mineke guy a buddy of yours? This mod sounds like the description of the Apex'i N1 exhaust. "Very straight pipe". Hmmmmm. Must be a single from the cat, (eliminates the y-pipe), no resonators, taking one of the 2 paths then a very small muffler. Or in RGsupra's case, the stock diameter pipe & no muffler. Way to improvise! Wonder if I can get somebody "round " here to do this?:dj:

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Hey guys, I have a Greddy SP exhaust i want to get rid of. It's the one that follows the same routing as stock (1 into 2 into1). It was in a accident and there is a small dent in the tip. One of the resonators was replaced with a piece of straight tubing. Once on the car, it looks great. I'll let it go for $150 plus shipping if anyone is interested in it.

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
DaveH said:
Hey guys, I have a Greddy SP exhaust i want to get rid of. It's the one that follows the same routing as stock (1 into 2 into1). It was in a accident and there is a small dent in the tip. One of the resonators was replaced with a piece of straight tubing. Once on the car, it looks great. I'll let it go for $150 plus shipping if anyone is interested in it.
Is it a complete cat back exhaust? Do you have any pics? :)
thaks

--Oliver

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Here are a couple pics of the exhaust mounted on my car. It took a little fiddling around to get it to set just right. But it looks pretty good once you do.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DaveH, is there a badge or something on your Greddy SP? anything that tells which model it is? I always thought I had the MX (previous owner put it on and he forgot which one it was). Mine looks a lot like yours. oh well... SP, MX... Greddy, good stuff.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
No badge on there that I've seen. Does the MX split into 2 and then back into 1 at the muffler? The diameter of the piping on my exhaust is 3.25" where it is single pipe, and 2.75" where it is dual pipe.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MX or SP?????

i'm thinking it's an SP... DaveH, is your SP for the NA or for TT? i checked the Greddy website and the only model they have for the NA is the MX, that's why i always thought i had the MX. hmm...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts