Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new member and I have been lurking the forums for a while now lol. Ive found a lot of useful information but I do have a question I haven’t really been able to find. I found this clean 110,000 mileage 1986.5 mk3 for 6k. I’ve been wanting one for a while now preferable NA but I haven’t really found any good running examples other than this one. the seller turbocharged the NA 7mge motor. He said that he rarely drives it. Only drives it for about 30 miles once a month. He’s running it on the stock fuel system. But I really couldn’t find a thread that talked about reverting the turbo setup and to be able to drive it NA without any major problems. Head gasket blew during his ownership but he has since then replaced it. He’s an older guy and from the photos and info I’ve been given it seems like he’s taken good care of the car. He said he’s a mechanic and has done maintenance himself. It has all original parts other than the turbo and header, an EGR delete, and a straight pipe to muffler. As of writing this I am still having a conversation with him about the car. But if anyone can help me out about this it would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Best I can think is taking the turbo plumbing, intercoolers off and manifold out and replace it all with stock, but the flapper door ge maf sensor I don't think work too well on boosted applications.
so without knowing how its presently running while boosted on the supposedly stock ecu it's kinda difficult to say wachu need.
is it gte electronics and harness on the na 7m?
modified na-ge electronics and harness?
is there a piggyback or a speed density/maf eliminator box of some type that's being used?
best case scenario is you check your local marketplace (online and otherwise 👍) and find someone close by with a ge harness and ecu + O.E. MAF sensor and piping along with some nice OBX headers.
chances are you might find some nice "low cost options" since everyone else is swapping out or upgrading from the ge mk3's no matter the year

1 - 2 of 2 Posts